No announcement yet.

When did you start been a gamer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt i'll ever fall out of gaming anyway.
    Everyone I know is into it, I still play at arcades whenever i've got money and its all I spend my money on besides clothes and bills.

Comment

I was 4 years old back in '88 when I was first introduced to the original Mega Man. Afterwards, I became a MM fanatic, and within years, I was CAPCOM fanatic.

Hell, to this very day, just about every game I own was produced by CAPCOM. The absolute only company I support other than CAPCOM is Konami (& Nintendo for the Metroid series). Other than that, unless a video game company releases a title that I must have, I won't even bother to read a review.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I've been a gamer for as long as i can remember. First thing was the Commodore 64

Comment

My older brothers got an Atari 2600 back in the day, so I kinda never needed anyone to keep an eye on me.
          Pitfall, Mario Bros, Summer Games and many other games were stuff that kept me occupied and "in one spot".
          Shortly after a NES moved in and it was very welcome.

Dunno if anyone read or heard the interview with Simon Viklund from GRIN, but I'm kinda from the same breed of "gamer".
          I would sit around drawing "stages/levels" for my favorite games when I was bored or having "drawing hours" in kindergarden, I would tape music from my games on a cassette to listen to later and such instead of stuff from the radio or buying tapes and CDs with whatever it was that was "in" at the time.
          I used to keep a list of all games I had played through, a list that had crossed 400 before the N64 came out. This thanks to a local game trade/swap store that charged a very low trade fee for titles.

Originally posted by SinValentine
          does anyone think they'll stop gaming? like at a certain age. i know a few people who stopped when they got married, or they lost interest. lol but it'd be kinda funny to see an old person play
          My grandfather a couple of times tried to play Super Mario Bros with my little brother.
          This at age 70-something. (I don't remember when last time he did so was, but it's less than a decade ago. He recently passed away at age 81)

Also, my father plays games every now and then if you somewhat force him into joining (or more like just put the controller in his hands or show that you've got a racing wheel or flight stick).
          My mother wouldn't even touch a game, she's got this almost phobia like thing going.
          Last edited by Carnivol; 01-29-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Mum refuses to touch games, she used to like the old track and field games on the Sinclair Spectrum though *the button mashing ones*.

Dad occasionally plays games, like Wii Sports when the family is here, other then that all he plays is oblivion but he's not very good at it.

Comment

Yeah, parents do sadly stop gaming, my mum doesn't play any type of games at all, my dad basically only plays snooker, bowling, tennis and of course, Wii Sports. That's basically it, though my oldest brother is still going at 23.

Comment

I started playing games at the grand age of 4, (Damn thats 22 years ago.) I still remember the very first game I played, it was Bruce Lee on ZX Speccy.

Thanks for making me feel like an old man.
                Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_632 View Post
                  I started playing games at the grand age of 4, (Damn thats 22 years ago.) I still remember the very first game I played, it was Bruce Lee on ZX Speccy.

Thanks for making me feel like an old man.
                  lol I've played that game a few times, its amazing to see how technology in games has changed in the years, first we had tapes and massive catridges, then cd's followed by dvd's and gamecube mini dvds eventually and hopefully there will be no need for hardware to run games it will be all digital although thinking about it games are going that way with downloading.

Comment

ah yea, i've played vice city with my mom (well she just watches) i think it's the whole 80's nostalgia because sometimes she'll come in my room and ask to play lol!!!

lemme see what else, my mom watches final fantasy with me too, and she watches RE, oh my dad would play RE 2 with me.

lately i've been playing harvest moon and my mom thinks it's adorable lol (we used to have a farm in my old country, so i guess it brings back memories)

i think it's awesome that your grandfather would play games at his age, i would too lol. i think it's a good way to bond with your kids

Comment

One of the funniest things i've ever seen was watching my Grandmother *She's 77* play GTA San Andreas with one of my cousins, only to be horrified when she started running people over in a police car

Comment

lmao! what's up with the older generation and GTA

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                          One of the funniest things i've ever seen was watching my Grandmother *She's 77* play GTA San Andreas with one of my cousins, only to be horrified when she started running people over in a police car
                          That would have been hilarious, her face would have been priceless.

Originally posted by SinValentine View Post
                          lmao! what's up with the older generation and GTA
                          My guess is its a generation thing, I'm already hating most music that's coming out lately, I must be getting older faster than I'd like.
                          Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, one of my friends did that with his mother. He was teaching her how to walk along and 'nudged' the controller so it spreyed hot ammo into a crowd. Then he yelled, 'Oh, mum, that's not cool!' and then nudged the controller a bunch of times (he was always nicking stuff out my pockets, the sod) into firing into a corpse a bunch of times, yelling at her as she did.

Comment

I have some blury memories of me playing the Atari, can't remember very well.
                              Anyways i started with the old good NES

Comment

I was 6 when I got my ZX spectrum (1990),before that I used to play at my dad's friend coz he had some pc system and I was so jealous))and later it was also at him,where I saw Alone in the dark 1 for the first time!

Comment

Working...
                                X