No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 4 (Demo & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well no, but the "Give yourself a hand." that you both did was just not required. I'm all for having debates, but please do it in a civil manner.

Comment

The "Give yourself a hand" was added on my behalf just to humour him. But sorry, Dot.

I have to make an argument to merely state my own opinion?
      Well you can't exactly say "he's a dick", give no reasoning besides false claims to things you apparently don't care about, yet feel the need to criticise anyway, and not still expect someone to challenge you on it.

I simply said his games aren't in the same caliber as professionally made games.
      That is what I'm referring to.

Great job on the flaming, too.

Either way, I much more enjoyed his The Witcher review to the DMC4 review. Partially because it's not as funny when you already know what the issues are.
      Last edited by News Bot; 03-09-2008, 11:42 AM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post

Well you can't exactly say "he's a dick", give no reasoning besides false claims to things you apparently don't care about, yet feel the need to criticise anyway, and not still expect someone to challenge you on it.

The QTE point which made the basis of my false claims was just one point. I did say the reviews weren't very informative (if you're going to trash something, pick on the real flaws like backtracking in DMC4 etc, but shooting all races but white.. stupid comment, and puzzles?). His humour is condescending and not funny. The KKK game bit comes to mind right now. The type of humour itself with the context of reviews makes him a dick in my book. I didn't use the reasoning in the same paragraph, but in later posts which made a point for my dislike. I guess that's something to pick on if this was an essay.

Talk about hypcrisy here... I said I'm done, and I posted again :p The word dumbass is due here. Anyway, off to work.
        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 03-09-2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

His humour is condescending and not funny.
          Then you obviously just don't have an applicable sense of humour. You can't expect it to cater to everyone's tastes. You don't call someone a dick just because their (and many other people's) idea of humour clashes with your own.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
            Then you obviously just don't have an applicable sense of humour. You can't expect it to cater to everyone's tastes. You don't call someone a dick just because their (and many other people's) idea of humour clashes with your own.
            I can and I did; it's a matter of difference of opinion. There are no guidelines and no definition of what the word means when used to describe a person.

The condascending sense of humour and arrogant tone fits that bill for me. Hell, you can call me that for the words exchanged in this topic and it's likely true :p

Comment

Working...
            X