X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Ico

Wanna join Team Ico?
    Well, here's your chance!

I was hoping their new game would be out soon(ish) but seeing as the're looking for more developers and programers it seems like it could be a long while away.

Ico had been out 2 or 3 years before I finally got it. I was always reading about how great it was but the early ps2 games were mostly crappy so I wasn't convinced. But continuing to see more quotes about it being the best game on ps2, brilliant, unique, masterpiece, Ico this, Ico that, Ico, Ico, Ico... my curiosity made me get it and I too was blown away. It's such an awesome and wonderful game.
    Shadow of the Colossus was also superb. The fights are spectacular but I also just loved the MASSIVE world. The first time I played it I literally spent the whole night (from dusk till dawn) riding, running and climbing around exploring the huge map.
    Both games have a dreamlike quality and atmosphere that is truly special. The grand, awe inspiring architecture, haunted environments and mood are unlike any other games.
    I don't just feel like I'm playing a video game, it's more like I've opened a portal to another world and I'm living it.
    I only recently read that you can climb the tower in SotC and reach the secret garden, so I'm gonna have to go back and try that...

Team Ico seemed to have a mystical, magical understanding of the ps2 hardware. The 2 games they made were visually AMAZING. If they push the ps3 just as hard, I think this next one will be... well, even MORE AMAZING!
    Along with RE5, GTA4, MGS4 and Kill Zone 2, this is my most anticipated game of the future (as we know it).

Anyone else here fans of Ico and SotC?

I rented Shadow of the Colossus once, it was amazing how it was so big and those giants, thrilling. =O
    Though, I never bought it myself, and I've never played Ico either...Might get that if I see it around.

Comment

I think Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were decent games but almost as overhyped and over-rated as HALO and most microsoft based games.

Comment

im a huge sotc fan, everything about it is perfect. i never thought about climbing that tower, i have to do that soon. If anyone is looking for sotc, in GAME sotc is only £10 and is the card edition. i would love to see an ico based game on the ps3, perhaps not a human as the main person this time

Comment

your in luck,

Comment

hmmm looks interesting

Comment

I didn't really like ICO it played too much like a upscaled PSOne game which it was originally and the camera annoys the hell out of me the little bit of SOTC I've played I enjoyed but what's with the excessive amount of yellow HDR right at the start of the game it almost burns your eye sockets out. I'm looking forward to any games coming out from Quantic Dream too Hard Rain, Omikron 2: Karma and Fahrenheit 2 hopefully.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Hard Rain,
                heavy rain :p

Comment

i've only played a small part of ico, is it as long as SOTC or is shorter?

Comment

i'd say its longer, because its a proper game and not 16 boss fights in a row.

Comment

I think Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were decent games but almost as overhyped and over-rated as HALO
                      WTF?
                      Well, over or under-rating something is a matter of opinion and in the eye of the beholder but comparing Ico's hype to Halo? This is rather absurd...
                      When the latest Halo was released here in Australia we had huge billboards all over the city and state. I saw a bus completely covered in a Halo advertisement. We had dudes in Master Chief suits appearing in shopping malls and football games. There were commercials on television. News stories on tv about it being the most anticipated video game ever made. Suspicious 'news' articles in the paper hyping its release. Then in the days that followed BS stories about city offices being short staffed because so many workers were taking days off to stay home and play it. Then more BS articles about it being the biggest selling video game of all time (this is impossible because there arn't enough xboxes/360s in existence to let any Halo game sell enough to claim that title). I think I even read about Halo soft drinks and chip packets being made.
                      In contrast, I've never seen an advertisement for Ico in my life. The game actually sold very poorly. It was only AFTER its release that the hype came. This was done by game reviewers and magazine writers who, because of the small sales of the game, talked it up and said that it was a crying shame that more gamers hadn't picked it up.
                      SotC was more popular but I remember when it was released that it didn't receive any more hype than other big games released around the same time.
                      I didn't really like ICO it played too much like a upscaled PSOne game which it was originally
                      I can only presume you mean that its development began on ps1? I didn't know that but I do think it's definitely one of the best looking games on ps2. Some of those puzzles in and around the castle are simply breathtaking. I think it looks awesome.

Anyhoo, enough of me defending the games...
                      Nemi-lover, about the tower climb in SotC. Check this out!

I have to try this! It's all rather pointless, the only thing up there is poison fruit which lowers your stats. You can walk across the big bridge which takes about 20mins! but you just get blown back by a wind when you reach the end (where the game begins).
                      Why climb it? Why do people climb Mt.Everest? Because it's there!

Comment

Chill out fanboy.
                        I meant overhyped as in every journalist had this game lodged up their arses saying how great it was.
                        And I saw shadow of the colossus relatively well advertised in the UK.
                        It was just an opinion, don't go ripping your hair out over it.
                        Last edited by The Dude; 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Only ever played Ico, was a nice looking game and nice to play but never finished it

Comment

Chill out fanboy.
                            I AM chilled
                            There's no hair ripping going on down here...

Sorry if my previous post seemed aggressive, it wasn't my intention.

Comment

ok i finally got ahold of ico the edition with the card for a case. I got outbidded twice and was third time lucky to buy it for £15 on the spot. Thanks for the video, i'll give it a look and yes it must be climbed, just to say you've done it

Comment

Working...
                              X