Xbox360 on the fritz... again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox360 on the fritz... again...

Well this just happened today. Earlier Iwas playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 then saved and turned the system off. 3 hours later I came back it it won't even read one disk. Now I was like "WTF" and tried a disk cleaner, but it didn't work. W my bro came home he checked out the system and said the lens/dvd drive died. What a bummer, though he only did spend $100 on the system to begin with. It a weird hum noise when it starts to read a disc and the stops ang vies you the "Unrecognizable Disc" error from the Xbox dashboard. He would send it in for repair but he said that he would just buy a new one since they aren't that much.

Should I tell him to get a PS3 instead? I don't know....

PS3 beats Xbox 360.
    But that's all in a matter of opinion.
    Some say Xbox Live is better than Playstation Network, I find it the other way, though that might be me being European and have to spend $80 just for 1 year of Xbox Live, which proves Microsoft are money whores.
    I like Playstation Network for the fact it's free, and to me, is infact better than Xbox Live

Apart from that, the games are nearly identical, and I don't see much difference between multi-platform games, but it's really up to you two if you want a PS3 or not.
    But all in all, it's probably just best to go for an Xbox 360, since they go cheaper, even if I do despise Microsoft.
    Good Luck Anyway!!!

Comment

Even disregarding your current economical situation of "360 being cheap", I'd say stick with your 360 for at least another 6~12 months.

You could always pick up a PS3 later when there is more than just a "countable on one hand"-amount of (positively) mention-worthy exclusives on the platform.

You already have games on your 360 too, so you wouldn't have to "reboot" your collection if you switched platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
        Even disregarding your current economical situation of "360 being cheap", I'd say stick with your 360 for at least another 6~12 months.

You could always pick up a PS3 later when there is more than just a "countable on one hand"-amount of (positively) mention-worthy exclusives on the platform.

You already have games on your 360 too, so you wouldn't have to "reboot" your collection if you switched platform.
        This.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
          PS3 beats Xbox 360.
          ...I find it the other way, though that might be me being European and have to spend $80 just for 1 year of Xbox Live, which proves Microsoft are money whores.
          Just to throw in my 2 cents, I only paid £20 for Xbox Live Gold 1 year membership with an extra month thrown in.

Comment

So he went out and bought another 360 today along with 'Army of Two'. Just got to play it carefully now. And he bought a new DVD drive for the broken 360 but he says he has to do something with the drive key to make it work. That system will be modded and used to play some import 360 games...
            Last edited by FeurMensch; 04-02-2008, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Thought XBL recognises modded consoles, or at least a fair amount of modchips can get caught out on XBL nowadays.
              Last edited by The Dude; 04-06-2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

the modded one wont be for online play, only offline.

Comment

Working...
                X