No announcement yet.

Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if Midways economy must rely on Mortal Kombat, really, someone refresh my memory, name a game they have made in recent memory which has sold very well.

Ummm... Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive?
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Ok, let me rephrase :p Any other game they've made which ISN'T Mortal Kombat in the last 10 years *and classic game collection packs don't count*

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't refrain from that one. ;p
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I know the answer: Nothing!
          Wow, Mortal Kombat has reached low, and I mean, LOW.
          I really loved Mortal Kombat, but what's the point now?
          Half of Amergeddon's characters I didn't even know, and pretty much, HATED.
          Kitana ftw. <.<

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            Ok, let me rephrase :p Any other game they've made which ISN'T Mortal Kombat in the last 10 years *and classic game collection packs don't count*
            Psi-Ops, and probably a few others that were gory that I don't remember but probably weren't so bad because I haven't played them.

I can't figure out what would drive anyone to create this. I haven't liked any mortal kombat game since it was made 3d. And the game was nothing but a Street Fighter ripoff back in the day that was nothing special besides having some blood and fatalities.
            Ever since they threw in that stupid system for 3 stances, dumb combos for those stances, boring characters, weird story, dull fatalities, and generally everything else, I've hated it.

This is going to be odd, realistically who from the mortal kombat series can put a scratch on superman?

Comment

Psi-Ops was pretty damn cool. I remember giving that as a Christmas present.

Comment

San Fransisco Rush was good as well... at the arcades. N64 version wasn't bad either. They killed it though by making stupid sequels (Rush 2040).

You'd have to go back to find decent titles from them, pre-PlayStation generation for most of it. The 3 volumes of Midway's Arcade Treasures on last gen consoles are fairly good in the respect they have some of the companies biggest hits. Shame some of the emulation is a little poos though.
                Last edited by Rombie; 04-19-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Does anyone still play Mortal Kombat?
                  Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

I've played Shaolin Monks recently, and it was good ;).

But to me, the best Mortal Kombat game was, and will always be, Mortal Kombat II.

Comment

I did say minis greatest hits and collection editions :p.
                      First game besides Olympic Soccer I got on the PS1 was the Midway Arcade Collection part 1.
                      *I do respect their volume of games prior to Mortal Kombat and the whole violence/blood era of games*

Shaolin Monks thinking on it was a fun 2p gimmick, always used Liu Kang though, although the soundtracks on all MK games ticked me off.

Comment

I didn't say they came under the point they counted, just that the best games they've done are included in those packs and most of them are more than 15 years old at this point.

The last decent MK was definently UMK3 and that 12 years old now at least I think. I can't think of much else Midway has published since that was any good.

Comment

I thought the original Blitz games on the Playstation were pretty damn fun.

Comment

I love the Mortal Kombat Games

Comment

All of this reminds me when Square announced Kingdom Hearts.
                              Everyone was like "Final Fantasy & Disney"?? NOOOO WAY!
                              But look how that turnd out,so ill hold my opinion on this game till I play it.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

So this is what Mortal Kombat has become?

Midway wins, FATALITY.

Comment

Working...
                                X