Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody psyched out of their mind for GTAIV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still can't workout if the main character is meant to be french or middle eastern.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
      You're saying that you're gonna go out, buy this game and the first thing you intend to do is walk around shops and get a haircut? That's the thing you've been waiting to do for this long?
      Hell yeah, i can do stuff to him that i wont do to myself. Thats one of the main reasons i like The Sims, so i can make a person really cool or related to another person. With this guy tho, he can look like someone from r.e 4
      And the shops, hell yeah buy some clothes and what not, not to meantion the gym.

Comment

I just lost a little faith in humanity

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
          I still can't workout if the main character is meant to be french or middle eastern.
          I thought he was Russian.

Wiki says he's from Eastern Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
            I just lost a little faith in humanity
            Play GTA4, that should get you over it

Comment

I think that's the whole reason he lost faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                I think that's the whole reason he lost faith.
                So what, i have to play Resident Evil or something to get his faith back

Comment

No, No, it's just; GTA is a mission game, but half the people use it to RP (ala My friend, she drives safely and acts like a good citazin >_>), adding haircuts and shopping just gives it another reason to be a RPG, and before you know it, it'll become an everyday life simulator of the bad things that really go on in life...and you controlling that...dramatic maybe, but if people just buy it for that...why can't they just buy a RPG instead?

Comment

No, No, it's just; GTA is a mission game, but half the people use it to RP (ala My friend, she drives safely and acts like a good citazin >_>), adding haircuts and shopping just gives it another reason to be a RPG, and before you know it, it'll become an everyday life simulator of the bad things that really go on in life...and you controlling that...dramatic maybe, but if people just buy it for that...why can't they just buy a RPG instead?
                    Hey its just to make up for the wait for Final Fantasy 13
                    your friend drives safely lol, thats new.
                    When i state about going shopping and haircuts tho, thats just one of the things i do in the game tho, i don't make sure i do it every day in real life, just for the first 20 mins and then missions

Comment

Bingo, it's rather sad that people would rather live life in a game than have a life themselves.

Comment

Wow, handbags at dawn time already and the games not even out yet.
                        Keep it civil :p.

Comment

lol, i can't see how ppl are living their lives in GTA, it's not that real life like
                          I think the closest you could get is prob a MMORPG, where you get people spending their days getting to highest levels and acting like an elf to other ppl online.
                          At the end of the day GTA is another game which ppl love because its fun and diffrent. Just because its close to real life with graphics and the way its made, doesn't mean ppl go out of their way to treat it like their own life.
                          I don't think anyone can say to Gradons comment, that ppl who roleplay are sad in games, its just how they play games i guess. When i play Lord of the rings online and meet someone who starts acting like a Wizard and think hes one in real life/game life, i don't think "wait i can't play with this person, hes too sad and doesn't have a life", i just see it as the way he/she enjoys playing and the way inwhich they get the most out of games.
                          If i enjoy playing gta because of changing my hair to random styles (Like Fable), or like to go into the shops, which in the last GTA had arcade machines, then great, thats how i love to play that game.
                          Back on topic, I can't beleive its only 2 days to go, it seems to have gone quite fast in the last month. After this title, all eyes on Metal Gear Solid 4

Comment

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just, if people only buy the game for RP, then the games purpose is null.
                            That's why there are name customizations in RPG's, it makes you feel in the game.

(I know it may sound childish, but it did get me sad-ish when I was playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. The tears of cute cartoon characters shouting for you, your name, to come back makes me sad T.T)

Oh well, all rested aside, the game's not a RPG, but I fear that people are buying this for a simulator, again it might sound stupid, but what if GTA can influence a maniac.
                            Seriously, the UK has had horrible and unreasonable deaths, a murder which was charged manslaughter, this country sucks. Okay, I'll shut up with my wall of text.

Comment

I do quite like messing around in GTA games from time to time, but it's spoiled by the fact the game is never fast enough in the loading and you end up smashing into an invisible wall, which magically appears to be a building 5 seconds later. Every game has this (expect the 2D ones) and you think they'd fix it. If this one has it fixed, it's about time! I'll probably wait for the inevitable PC release though, simple for the modding which is always pretty cool.

Comment

I didn't really like any of the GTA games. I thought they were really mindless as all you do is kill in order to accomplish very generic missions. Just my opinion there.

Comment

Working...
                                X