No announcement yet.

Alan Wake (Time to WAKE UP again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as it's not Alan Wake Jr. or something like "Imagine: Alan Wake Babiez", I'm game. Day one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      As long as it's not Alan Wake Jr. or something like "Imagine: Alan Wake Babiez", I'm game. Day one.
      Or Alan Wake Zero... Wait a minute, that isn't that bad: why not a game featuring Mr. Thomas Zane? Pretty much the game version of the "Poet & The Muse".

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I'd buy that for a dollar. Or several. I suppose there's a tiny chance it could be a stand alone downloadable game, like Case Zero...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          I'd buy that for a dollar. Or several. I suppose there's a tiny chance it could be a stand alone downloadable game, like Case Zero...
          As long as it's not a Kinect title I'm fine with that.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• It can be Kinnect, so long as I can use my controller too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              It can be Kinnect, so long as I can use my controller too.
              With Kinect YOU are the controller.
              sigpic

Comment

• And if I had any intention on dropping money on Kinnect, that would be fine and dandy. As it is my crippled ass would prefer to remain firmly seated and with a controller in hand.

Comment

• You know i downloaded The Signal and i never bothered playing it, i really lost interest after i finished the game. Reflecting Alan Wake really did disappoint me, the original idea they presented sounded so good, a free roaming world that you can explore and talk to the people in it to solve a mystery, then all we got was a linear very short experience with no real interaction at the players choice. Then Deadly Premonition came along and delivered what Remedy promised and so much more for half the cost and with a complete finished storyline.

Comment

• Just a cool update here, looks like Alan Wake is coming to Steam next month. It's finally gonna be on the PC!

IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

Alan Wake developer Remedy explains much of the changes, the system requirements and the nuts and bolts of the game's PC release in a newly updated FAQ on its official site. It offers noteworthy details on DLC — both The Signal and The Writer add-ons will be included — and its platforms of release — it will support Steam, not Games For Windows; it won't be coming to the Mac.
                    So it comes with the two DLCs free, and it's Steam exclusive!

For anyone that missed out, I highly recommend you pick this title up. It's an incredible experience! I'm probably gonna buy it again, just to have it with me wherever I take my laptop. This is cool news!
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 01-21-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• I just hope the scenes that were done as FMVs in the 360 version are done realtime in the PC version. That'd be pretty hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        I just hope the scenes that were done as FMVs in the 360 version are done realtime in the PC version. That'd be pretty hot.
                        I would love that too, but I doubt it will happen.
                        IIRC according to Remedy, there were two main reasons they went with prerendered cut-scenes:
                        - during the cut-scene they can load the next part of the level (so no loading screens during the game)
                        - with prerendered cut-scenes they were able to use some visual effects without the need to implement them into the engine

Both those reasons are still valid for PC version.

Comment

• Gives me another reason to sell my Xbox and get more involved into PC gaming.

Comment

• Sorry for double posting, but American Nightmare is out! I like it, been playiing the first part, it's quite good!

Comment

• American Nightmare? What's that?

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize that it was the XBLA game. Awesome, I'll have to get on that!
                              Last edited by Canas Renvall; 02-22-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Me too, it's actually way better that I thought, though I'm not liking the fact that now u have so many powerfull weapons, it takes away the survival element entirelly

Comment

Working...
                                X