No announcement yet.

Alone in the Dark 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game is pissing me off. Such rare checkpoints and that goddamn taxi drive (which I'm stuck on). I could rip this thing a new hole!

Comment

• You can't say you weren't warned!

Comment

• This game is great. Really great. Within Episode 1-6. Then it turns to shit after the fetch quest crap is pushed upon you. And the ending is, well, not an ending. It was so close to being great, but everytime it gets close, it stumbles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
          You can't say you weren't warned!
          Mmmm, I know. But I've got AITD 1, 2, 3, and 4, so I wanted to complete my collection. Man, it is seriously time to crack out the classic AITDs again.

Comment

• I have a fairly serious problem. I managed to finish Episode 2, but when I'm told to find a first-aid kit in the toilets, something blows up, then a cutscene starts where I presume another zombie or whatever will wake up. I see a hand, then the game crashes.

Are there any patches?

Comment

• Is this the alone in the dark that has a demo in the Xbox live marketplace? it's about 1.3 GB, if it's the one I am talking about then I am going to buy it since I liked the demo a lot.I played it around 19 times Lol
              Last edited by Joseph Frost; 09-07-2008, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• It revolves around Central Park and has really nice graphics. If so, yes, that is the one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph Frost View Post
                  Is this the alone in the dark that has a demo in the Xbox live marketplace? it's about 1.3 GB, if it's the one I am talking about then I am going to buy it since I liked the demo a lot.I played it around 19 times Lol
                  Yeah, the very same one.

I'd suggest waiting a bit longer before purchasing it because there's a patch coming that fixes some of the games worser crimes.

Comment

• SUPER MEGA NECRO-BUMP ALERT.

I never got passed the third episode back when I bought the game. Thought I'd give it a fair shot now, but one thing concerned me: there was no sweet software update dialog when the game booted up. No update in over 4 years? What?

Oh well. Them's the brakes, I guess. Hopefully it isn't as awkward to maneuver as I remember.

Wish me luck guys!

Comment

• There isn't an update because they went ahead and released a full new version of the game for PS3: Alone in the dark Inferno.
                      Same game, better driving
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-10-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Inferno had a lot of improvements.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Ironically enough, I liked Inferno less than the original version. Something about some of the changes never sat well with me.

It's funny seeing that post I made up above, four years ago after I played it for the first time. I've replayed it a few times since and seriously just love the game. For all it's faults, it has so many original, fresh and outstanding ideas, mechanics and setpieces that it's a crazy shame we'll never see more in that style.

Probably one of my favourite games this generation, in hindsight.

Comment

• What changes didn't you like? Aside from bug fixes got new areas/levels, better camera control, it introduced the need to kill the roots or whatever it was early, made combining items easier in the coat.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                            X