No announcement yet.

What age did you start gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple II first comp I ever used, Commodore's and Amiga's second. No idea when, sometime in the 80's. Ditto on first console was Atari 2600 (I believe elevator action was likely my first among many others!). NES second.

Upgraded to PC gaming in the early 90's, mostly Lucas Arts' SCUMM titles, Leisure Suit Larry, and later Doom. Consoles played a lot of Genesis, Saturn, PlayStation, for consoles mostly (Nintendo was never, and aside from GB/DS, still not massive in NZ but I did play games on NES, SNES, N64 during this time) dropped PC in 98-99.... consoled it since (DC, PS2, XB, GC, PS3, PSP, WII... not 360 as yet of my own, play friends when I can).
    Last edited by Rombie; 08-27-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

3. PS1. Tomb Raider 2.
      Last edited by Gradon; 08-30-2008, 12:18 PM.

Comment

When I was about 4-5, I used to sneak into my older brother's room when he wasn't home and play some super nintendo and playstation. Then eventually like a year or so later, my parents got me a playstation for christmas. The earliest games I rememeber playing are The Lost World: Jurassic Park for PS1 and Super Mario Brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
          I think I was around 3 and a half or 4 on an Amstrad. That thing used cassettes yikes.. I remember having to fast-forward to play games on the second part of the tape.
          YES!!

I was four, first game i ever played was Dizzy: The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure.

Was only a demo tape from Amstrad Action, but i still loved the game. Even featured in-game advertising for other Codemasters titles (up yours thinking your're all that for in-game ads, Valve! haha) on some of the screens. Gameplay was brilliant, a cute 2D platformer, where you'd gather objects (sometimes combining them) and backtrack across the map to use them correctly. It's one of the things that has always kept me going back to Resident Evil.

Comment

Heheh yeah good old Dizzy. Not sure if I first played it on the Amstrad or Amiga though. The games I remember on the Amstrad are Robin Hood, Postman Pat (that game was frigging glitchy, you could drive through certain walls) and some other platform games I can barely recall. I also remember the command prompt screen on boot had some basic AI (IIRC), I used to type things like hello, what is your name etc.. Fun

Comment

SYNTAX ERROR! SYNTAX ERROR!

That's all i ever remember getting in reply haha

Comment

Zork is fun because it's so goddamn frustrating.

Comment

I think I must have been around 6-7 when I started gaming. My first game was Abe's Oddessy. My second was Resident Evil 2.

Comment

I was 4-ish. The NES was still new, and me and my sister got one and played it together. Playing the original Mario is one of my earliest memories. Sadly she fell out of gaming while I on the other hand became a giant gaming hooker.

Comment

Can't remember very well, i have some blured memories of me playing Atari, but when i was like 5~6 i started with the NES

Comment

SNES is awesome. We have one in one of the classrooms at school, but its not in good shape. Still works though

Comment

I can't exactly remember. I have vague memories of games like Doom,Wolfenstein and Total Annihilation.

Probably 4,maybe 3.

Comment

i think the first game i got was Age of Empires which would make me about 9

Comment

I probably started gaming at around 2 or 3. I have very fuzzy memories of playing my brothers Amiga and MegaDrive/Genesis from around that time. I know I was bought a GameBoy and Master System at a very young age probably when I was around 3 or 4.

There was never really a restriction put on what I could play when I was younger, perhaps because I was usually playing games with my brothers and my dad, or perhaps because all I was really playing was Sonic or Another World at the time.

Comment

I was maybe 3 or 4.

That would make it 23 years ago, damn I'm gettin old.
                                Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X