Wii problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii problem

my sister knocked my wii over and now it won't eject the disc.

my family tried ot get it out with a butter knife and felt 3 bars in the way and they want to take it apart.

to make this simpler for people it was knocked over with the disc drive on the bottom so it was upside down after it fell.

i just want to know if anyone had this problem because if its something i can repair simply it saves me 80 bucks

my family tried ot get it out with a butter knife,

lol say hello to newly scratched disc.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

well if the disc is scratched so what, i can replace or get a game resurfaced cheap, its the system im worried about

Comment

You need a tri-wing screwdriver to dis-assemble a Wii. There aren't any warranty stickers, so I suppose you'd be ok with going that route. I think if you just take the faceplate off you can probably retrieve the disc that way.

Comment

ok, does anyone know where i can get a tri wing screw driver?

Comment

Taking the faceplate of a CD drive does nothing. It just exposes an ugly, metal box. I learnt about this at a computer repairing place for work experience.

Comment

the thing is the side of a CD drive

does anyone know of a site that has pictures of the wiis insides?

Comment

You can make a screwdriver by melting the end of a ballpoint pen with a lighter with the ink and nib removed then press it into the screw head until it sets hard it's how I made a cheap screwdriver to open my gamecube to adjust the pot of the laser.

sigpic

Comment

Lol, smart Kevstah I'll have to try that.

Comment

Sorry I meant biro pen like this

sigpic

Comment

You should probably take it somewhere where people really know what to do....

The pen/screwdriver thing is a good idea though.... will adopt.

Comment

I remember using the pen trick on the NGC's screws... then I bought the proper bit for it.

Comment

its ok...i talked it out with nintendo, along with the repair frr my warranty will be extended by a year, and all donloads that get delelted i will get a credit for a new download of that item

Comment

Working...
                          X