Gamefans rocks out episode 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamefans rocks out episode 2

a new week a new episode plus an announcement on the board. from the halloween episode on gamefans TV will be a 2 eps a month affair to allow me more time to test games out. the reason for this eps delay was due to me getting DSL and spendding more time with silent hill homecoming. also this board wil get an exclusive downloadable rights to each ep via megaupload starting with halloweens extreme double length episode.

also i review games with grades rather than numbers

This week i spent some time with my friend victor with his thoughts on fallout 3 and we joke around with the game.
    in the opening we talk about fallout 3 with the only expert i know...my friend victor

I give my silent hill homecoming review and im sad to say im brutal with the game as a sequel not only to the series but to the (spoilers within review)
    my review on silent hill homecoming...its not pretty

I also review as a special add on Final fantasy XI online and prove why ist still the No.1 MMO in japan.
    i prove why FFXI is stil ljapans No 1 choice of MMORPGs

plus a preview of the october 21st episode.

Remember when you posted about this before, and it was moved to the other section? And remember when you posted about it a second time and no one replied? Perhaps you could try posting this in either of those threads?

Comment

first off

i love your gamertag. I have to play you when i get a new 360.

2nd
      i figured a gaming webcast belongs in gaming but for future reference i will move all further gamefans TV casts to off topic.

i just figured for a 2nd episode a 2nd post should be done. plus i had a announcement about how the sereis will be made in the coming months.

but still thanks for the criticism. its used to make it a better cast for all

Comment

Its fine to put here, it is gaming related, afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          Its fine to put here, it is gaming related, afterall.
          thanks dot.

also i can't wait for the next RPD dispatch...

Comment

I had no idea that the RPD Dispatch would inspire people.
            See you in hell.

Comment

yup. i had been wrestlnig with don a cast for a whil, then you guys came along and...the rest is history

Comment

Your SH:HC review was very loud. It sounded like you were screaming into the mic at some points . Had to turn down the volume

I'm playing the game now and I'm not having a problem with the enemies at all. You just have to use the right weapon for the enemy you're fighting. That's probably the most important aspect of the fighting system. The only time you really have to dodge is when figting Siams, Needlers, and during Boss Fights. Other than that, using a fast weapon like the knife works wonders, especially if you do light, light, heavy combos. The enemies never get to attack you since you're the fastest with your knife. In previous games, you could stick to using the strongest weapons, but in this game, you need to adapt fast to the situations presented. Once you get used to it though, the battle system is pretty easy.

As for the horror, yeah, you're right, the ability to control the camera does remove some of the horror aspect, but if you want the horror to still be there, turn down the brightness and play with the flashlight off for about an hour.

Spoiler:

Comment

thats the thing i did use most of the weapons, hell the guns did less damage than the pipe

Comment

Personally, I only use the handguns on Smogs and Rifle'd order members, the shotguns on Siams, pipe/crowbar on needlers, and everything else gets my knife

Spoiler:

Comment

i guess no one thought about why i mentioned the movie though....ITs a near direct sequel to the damn movie!

....you found the rifle??? where is it.
                      Last edited by riderkid; 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

It's in the Silent Hill Cemetery; after you solve the Janus Statue puzzle; just insert the correct gems into the statue and it should give you a key to open up another part of the cemetery. The rifle will be there. The gems are hidden through out Silent Hill, but I managed to find them before even entering the Power Station. Just look around and look for gemstones. Examine them to find out what month they correspond to and then insert them on the appropriate side of the statue.

Comment

oh...i never saw these gemstones...thats bull (not ot you but the programmers

Comment

This is why I prefer RE.

Silent Hill is too...psychological for my tastes.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                            X