No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a playthrough of SH4 to rev me up for the Poose2 version of Shattered Memories. It's on hard mode and I just arrived at the Subway for the second time, unfortunately. Now, people tell me that Cynthia is the ghost to stick your sword in (ohhh yeah! *ahem*), have any other suggestions?

Comment

• Finished Saints Row 2, now replaying the story missions of Starcraft. Hoping that the sequel is coming out this year...
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by randomwab View Post
        Damn, I've been wanting to replay STALKER with the Complete 09 mod for awhle now. I should try to jump back in.
        A lot of people are installing the Complete 09 mod these days (Even Gareth here thought it was "the shit!"), but that mod only does graphical improvements, and a few tweaks on the AI and sound. It doesnt add any additional content and plays out like the old vanilla STALKER, which, even though its atmospheric, is flawed.

Currently the best global mod is AMK (or Oblivion Lost). It has enabled a whole list of features the developers disabled (4 different monsters, radioactive Zone blowouts, dynamic stalker newsfeed, artefact transmutation, et long cetera).

Coupled with GNOMUS scopes (http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...s2/93973_1.jpg), PLR realistic ballistics mod, AMK snipers mod (AMK already has graphical side of things covered), it will deliver the true STALKER experience everyone who finished the game really had to get.

The game becomes challenging, tought, looting becomes a mandatory thing if you want to get to the end without being frustrated. Every firefight is filled with tactics and thought. And of course, if you pick fights you shouldnt, you will get your ass handed to you.

Unfortunately, getting the right mod pack assembled and working requires a lot of work, so if anyone wants to have a go at STALKER again, I have just the right pack still stored up.

Comment

• Just finished the RE1 and RE2 PS1 classics this weekend. For years I always thought RE2 was the superior game - which it is, for the most part - but I am now in the belief that RE1 is better. Well, at least to the extent that it has more endearing characters and a quality that makes it easier to somewhat believe the ridiculous story elements: that specific keys open specific doors, and that puzzles would exist within a secluded mansion.

RE2 is just ridiculous with the puzzles, hidden items, and card-suit-themed keys needed within a downtown police station. Not to mention the huge hidden laboratory built underneath the aforementioned station. I know it's just a game mechanic structured to mimic the events of the first game, but they just don't work in the RE2 setting.

Also, the live action actors of 1 handily beat the atrocious CG models of 2.

Comment

• Ive been meaning to do a complete playthrough of every RE game i have. Te only problem is that my copy of directors cut is screwed and my original copy of RE1 freezes at specific doors making it un-finishable (id say un playable but you can still play it lol)
            I also need a modded dreamcast so i cant play Biohazard value plus (i need it soon as im going by release dates) before i can begin this marathon

In the mean time i've been playing COD MW2 and Assassins Creed 2

Comment

• Been on a major PS1 Classics kick lately, especially after REmaster suggested I try Castlevania: SOTN...which was an utterly spectacular game. I'm currently doing a playthrough as Richter, which is kind of difficult compared to the heavily-powered up Alucard I had been using.

Also recently got Final Fantasy Tactics on a whim. I'm not much on RPGs, but this seems more of a strategy game than an RPG. That one will have to wait until the weekend, as the Spring semester just started and I need to regain focus on school.

Other than those two, I don't have much on my gaming plate until Heavy Rain and the RE5 DLC are released.

Comment

• Have gone through RE1 to RE4 a few times lately, but eventually felt like playing through Silent Hill & Silent Hill 2 to step away from Haunting Ground for a bit.

Now that JB brought up Castlevania: SOTN, I'm tempted to go through it again myself as I've been looking over footage/audio of Richter for a bit lately as I couldn't decide if I wanted to go through it or Castlevania: Lament of Innocence again.

I'm probably going to go through Zero/Fatal Frame/Project Zero again when I get a chance to... Not like I have anything new to play that will last a while. If all else fails, then I'm most likely to go through Final Fantasy VIII for god know's what number the next playthrough would be.
                Last edited by Enetirnel; 01-20-2010, 09:38 AM.
                sigpic
                Non-blurry Signature Version
                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Also recently got Final Fantasy Tactics on a whim. I'm not much on RPGs, but this seems more of a strategy game than an RPG. That one will have to wait until the weekend, as the Spring semester just started and I need to regain focus on school.
                  I feel the same way and Tactics is the only Final Fantasy game that I have played. Castlevania SOTN is also a great game and purchased it on ebay over the summer.

Comment

• Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran.
                    sigpic

Comment

• About to finish up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 on Legendary difficulty, then, I don't know what to start first -- Assassin's Creed II or Fallout 3. I'm leaning towards AC2 because I beat the first one and kinda liked it, and I've only heard good things about the sequel so I'm excited to start it...and I figure Fallout 3 will take more time to complete, so I'll start that up second.

Comment

• Currently playing Parasite Eve, for the very first time (better in late than never). After playing for a good while I must say I feel like playing a cross between Resident Evil and Final Fantasy...and that's a damn good thing, I didn't expect RPG elements would have worked fine for a survival horror game!

I still can't believe I never played this game before today...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                          Currently playing Parasite Eve, for the very first time (better in late than never). After playing for a good while I must say I feel like playing a cross between Resident Evil and Final Fantasy...and that's a damn good thing, I didn't expect RPG elements would have worked fine for a survival horror game!

I still can't believe I never played this game before today...
                          I wish they would put the two games on PSN. I've played most of Parasite Eve and damn the aesthetic, tone, and game mechanics were like a well-oiled machine. Since it belonged to my friend, I never got to finish my playthrough. Never got to play PE2 and apparently the thread dedicated to it is hailing it as just as much if not more of a gem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                            I feel the same way and Tactics is the only Final Fantasy game that I have played. Castlevania SOTN is also a great game and purchased it on ebay over the summer.
                            The Final Fantasy - Tactics sub-series are just that.

If you find them to be a little bit... monotonous as Tactics can be a tad slow to start then, personally I recommend the "Classics" (Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy VI, most of which you can find quite easily as remakes or ports of most of them), Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX (considered to be the forgotten number, a gem of a game in the series as most people tend to simply focus on VII, VIII or X) and Final Fantasy XII as it has a fair amount of references to the older games and has a somewhat longer and rather interesting plot and no longer has the Random Battle system (but still has the Active Time Battle bars).

I'm playing Final Fantasy: Tactics - The War of the Lions on my PSP and am just switching to Final Fantasy XII.
                            sigpic
                            Non-blurry Signature Version
                            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Finished a playthrough of RE2 Leon recently. Still trying to wrap up a Hard Mode playthrough of Nemesis, as well as complete Infamous on Hard. Don't know when I'll get around to tying up the loose-end known as Fallout 3, but I'm working on it.

Next week, however, is Mass Effect 2.
                              A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• I'm currently playing stalker: shadow of Chernobyl right now.

I just got a new laptopn so I've been playing that and Dawn of War.

I would play newer games, but apparently new laptops don't come with new graphics cards, and I've no Idea how to change my pavillions out for a new one.

Comment

Working...
                                X