X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So WoW did not suck you in.
    Freedom of Information.

Comment

• To be honest it is starting to lose appeal. It's getting very samey.
      See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent View Post
        Well, I asked if you have encountered any Horde players referring to your Worgen because of its geographical starting area.
        That's what I was referring to as well. I've not seen any Horde in Gilneas.

Comment

• I once encountered an orc warrior in Darkshire, I waved at him and he waved back. We understood each other.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• I remember in Outland when some douche Horde guy kept killing me when I was trying to claim 3 places for a quest. He was flying around looking for any Alliance to kill. I slapped him, then he killed me. We understood eachother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              To be honest it is starting to lose appeal. It's getting very samey.
              Low quality, high quantity.

I recently had a discussion with a Blizzard consultant who works on WoW. I made it clear to him that WoW is a quantity focused game, not much quality. He did agree, and I think most of you should as well.

We got into that discussion when he was showing me screenshots of the game on Ultra High quality and with DX11, he was trying to show how beautiful the game looked. I quickly made him realize that WoW's graphics are FAR off from realistic no matter how you tweaked them. An old graphics engine is an old graphics engine.
              Last edited by Trent; 01-17-2011, 06:37 AM.
              Freedom of Information.

Comment

Low quality, high quantity.

I recently had a discussion with a Blizzard consultant who works on WoW. I made it clear to him that WoW is a quantity focused game, not much quality. He did agree, and I think most of you should as well.

We got into that discussion when he was showing me screenshots of the game on Ultra High quality and with DX11, he was trying to show how beautiful the game looked. I quickly made him realize that WoW's graphics are FAR off from realistic no matter how you tweaked them. An old graphics engine is an old graphics engine.
                Well it's definitely better than it used to be. At least they're TRYING to vary quests now (with new starter races and Cata/some WoTLK content, to a lesser extent even new human quests are more varied than they used to be, take Westfall for example); however, a lot of it is still "Kill 10 skeletons, collect 5 rats tails for XP". I do quite enjoy that though and I enjoy getting new gear, but I have the problem that I really like it for a few weeks, then I get bored and don't play it for months, then I fancy playing it again for another few weeks. So no guild will keep me. XD

Comment

• I think world of warcraft is more enjoyable if you have friends who play it together. I remember when I did have those times when I was on there I did have a lot of fun with Emma and how it was a grind to level ages ago. I remember when we worked our ass to get our mount
                  Last edited by Zombie Fred; 01-17-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• I'm always polite to everyone I come across, I even heal and buff other players I encounter. More often than not I get a wave and some thanks of appreciation.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• The only time WoW was really fun was back in 2005 when it was all new. I will never forget the experience I had when I discovered Ironforge mistakenly while playing with a friend.
                      Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Mass Effect 2. I am so addicted to it!

Comment

• I see a lot of ME2 fans on THIA...
                          Freedom of Information.

Comment

You seem a bit old school, BF2 is nice but it's a while now since it was released.

I think I tried STALKER before, but I will give it another try now that you mention it. I'm up for any PC game categories. What do you think about the newest Civilization?
                            BF2 and Project Reality have not much in common. While the game is released in 2005, the mod is still updated. If youre worried about the graphics, the game makes it all up with options and scale. I only seem oldschool because I appreciate quality over quantity. A good MP game is released every 4 years and last time we had COD4. I dont consider MW2 nor Black Ops a good game by any stretch of imagination.

STALKER, if youre willing to try it, is only good with mods. In its vanilla state, its frustrating due to issues with its firefight dynamics. You absolutely need a few mods to tweak the gameplay. After which, prepare to be challenged.

Newest CIV? Made to be accessible to the lowest common denominator. Pass.

Comment

• Call of Duty: Black Ops
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• I forgot that EA released a map pack for BC2 so I'm playing that right now. I have to say that flying in BC2 is very annoying, it's much more fun to fly in BC2: V. Got 2 gold stars in chopper in Vietnam.

I just got Second Lt. (rank 28).
                                Freedom of Information.

Comment

Working...
                                X