No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to be into PC gaming in late 90s and early to mid 2000s. Since consoles have finally upped their online efforts though the simplicity of console gaming has made me forget about the PC.

What I probably miss most is the communities, on various games communities would be built around a dedicated server, you'd get to know the regulars and admins would smite the troublemakers with banhammers. You just don't get this on consoles, no servers to build a community around, no admins to keep the games fair and fun. Just random people constantly and a good half of them are asses. There are so few games that have large player counts also since few companies want to even give an option for dedicated servers or even chat lobbies and go the blind matchmaking P2P route.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
      I don't need to, I've got both, I'm not poor.

Spoiler:
      I don't see what wealth has to do with this. If you want to be a penis about it then fine.
      See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
        I don't see what wealth has to do with this. If you want to be a penis about it then fine.
        I was winding you up. But even if I wasn't, don't see a reason not to, you're a penis about most things nowadays.

Comment

You always act like a cock most of the time, John, even if it's something that's not really related to the topic when you post on the site. If you can't handle a semi-joke then why do you act like this all the time with others, if you can't handle taking a few yourself? Stop playing double standards
          Last edited by Zombie Fred; 08-06-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• If I'm playing campaign, I much prefer the PC version. Superior graphics, mods, mouse aiming (I have a laptop but I use a USB mouse), more options (like choosing what you want your character to say instead of just clicking an analog stick for a contextual line).

If I'm playing Versus, I prefer the 360, because those guys are far less elitist than the doucheholes on the PC version.

Also, let's all try to be nice everyone. No need for namecalling.
            Last edited by Canas Renvall; 08-06-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              If I'm playing campaign, I much prefer the PC version. Superior graphics, mods, mouse aiming (I have a laptop but I use a USB mouse), more options (like choosing what you want your character to say instead of just clicking an analog stick for a contextual line).

If I'm playing Versus, I prefer the 360, because those guys are far less elitist than the doucheholes on the PC version.
              Yeah, I like to play a mix on playing some titles on console than PC, even with the benfits the PC platform has. With the 360 (or consoles I should say) I feel like that's where I go for the community and friends than with the PC. It feels more relaxing too. Remember the good old days on Desperate Escape Can?

Comment

• FYI, me and John have resolved this argument privately. It turns out he didn't take the troll face in the manner intended because he is mardy due to withdrawal from smoking and hasn't had any sleep all week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                  If I'm playing campaign, I much prefer the PC version. Superior graphics, mods, mouse aiming (I have a laptop but I use a USB mouse), more options (like choosing what you want your character to say instead of just clicking an analog stick for a contextual line).

Also, let's all try to be nice everyone. No need for namecalling.
                  I don't have the 360, but you and I know first hand about the douchiness of Versus players on Steam x_____x

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                    Yeah, I like to play a mix on playing some titles on console than PC, even with the benfits the PC platform has. With the 360 (or consoles I should say) I feel like that's where I go for the community and friends than with the PC. It feels more relaxing too. Remember the good old days on Desperate Escape Can?
                    Ah, the good ol' days. The nipple-twistingly difficult good ol' days.

Comment

• Need some help here, should I buy Quake IV or preorder Red Orchestra 2?
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• Well recently I have been playing Fable 3, which was ok, Dead Space 2 which I actually enjoyed, more so since they did not repeat events/fights from Dead Space.

And now I am playing Dead Rising 2. I hate it. Everything about it grates on me. Its far too similar to Dead Rising and everything that bugged me in Dead Rising is still broken here. AI for survivors, getting stuck on furniture for example.

Yes I realise these are all "old" games but when they got released I was doing a degree, so focused on that.

Now to try and catch up on some other titles.

Comment

Need some help here, should I buy Quake IV or preorder Red Orchestra 2?
                          Dunno about Red Orchestra, but Quake IV is a good buy if it's cheap. Pretty decent shooter, if you like Doom 3 or stuff like that...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Section 8 Prejudice

It's quite fun, reminds me a lot of Halo lol which is good because I love Halo

Moon Diver

Hard game but definitely fun with friends to play with
                            "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Black Ops, as usual. I'm astounded by their audacity to release another map pack right before MW3 comes out. They so funny.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
                                Section 8 Prejudice

It's quite fun, reminds me a lot of Halo lol which is good because I love Halo

Moon Diver

Hard game but definitely fun with friends to play with
                                We should definitely play sometime...the game can be pretty fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X