What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
    The gameplay's as fun as the other RPGs, I just never liked the presentation. A little too drab and depressing for my tastes. Plus, I don't like that there's no demon recruitment and fusing like a lot of the others, although a lot of the mythological mainstays show up as enemies.
    So I've been playing it for the past 3 hours and I gotta say; its pretty damn fun. I'm liking what I've seen so far but I will say that the voice acting is fucking horrendous.

Comment

• Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (PS2)
      Haven't had a game scare me this much since Silent Hill 2! Good times, good times..
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
        So I've been playing it for the past 3 hours and I gotta say; its pretty damn fun. I'm liking what I've seen so far but I will say that the voice acting is fucking horrendous.
        I'm glad you like it. I wonder if the voice acting contributed to the overall effect I took from it. Once you're done with both games, I highly recommend you find SMT: Nocturne before it gets even more expensive. It's a tough sonofabitch, especially to get the "best" ending, but it's quite rewarding and the story's fascinating. Plus, Dante from DMC's in there as a special boss- I think this is to promote DMC2, the irony of it being that his appearance in Nocturne is probably much more worthwhile than 2.

Oh, I also haven't mentioned my disdain for the music in DDS. The composer Shoji Meguro has done stuff for Atlus for years and DDS for me is his one weak point. All of that lazy ass electric guitar playing.
        Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 09-04-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
          I'm glad you like it. I wonder if the voice acting contributed to the overall effect I took from it. Once you're done with both games, I highly recommend you find SMT: Nocturne before it gets even more expensive. It's a tough sonofabitch, especially to get the "best" ending, but it's quite rewarding and the story's fascinating. Plus, Dante from DMC's in there as a special boss- I think this is to promote DMC2, the irony of it being that his appearance in Nocturne is probably much more worthwhile than 2.

Oh, I also haven't mentioned my disdain for the music in DDS. The composer Shoji Meguro has done stuff for Atlus for years and DDS for me is his one weak point. All of that lazy ass electric guitar playing.
          I'll see if any store around me has Nocturne. I remember my friend who works at gamestop telling me to look for Nocturne as well (I was thinking he was talking about the PC game with zombies and what not).

I completely agree with you about the music. This droning electric guitar gets rather annoying pretty fucking fast. I was thinking they'd change up the music every place you go but nope. The only time the music really changes is in the karma rooms and the vendor rooms. Even the battles have lazy guitar riffs. MAKE IT STOP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
            - Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
            - No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise (PS3)
            - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PS3)
            - Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection (PS3)
            - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) [Almost done with the game]
            - Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (DS)

I should be getting the sequel of Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, in the mail very soon to seamlessly move on to it once I'm done with Aria.
            Dawn of Sorrow rocks.

Limbo
            UFC Undisputed 2010
            Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
            Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
            Assassin's Creed
            Zuma
            Resident Evil DS
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              ^Second favorite ps3 exclusive. Fantastic experience.
              What would be your first fav exclusive? Since I'm pretty much a noob PS3 user lol.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
                - Never could really play this until now on the 3DS since I never bought it on the Wii VC, and it's very fun. If not infuriatingly fucking hard. Holy crap, I don't know what those boomerang-throwing fuckers are called, but they are so hard to kill. And this is why I like this game, it's old-school challenge. Not like today's version of challenging, which is "give enemies more health", but learning a good strategy to get past an obstacle.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest
                - Wow, this is way different than I expected. Dodongo's Cavern took me entirely too long... I fear this will be a much tougher journey than expected. And then it's mirrored on top of that. Damn you Nintendo!

Minecraft
                - I'm hosting a server between my friends, and it's a lot of fun. One friend and I carved out an underground apartment-style building and our rooms, then a couple other friends built their rooms in it too. Fun times, can't wait for the Adventure Update~

Also, BD, I highly recommend the Ratchet and Clank Future titles. Out of all the exclusives, I honestly have to say my favorite is Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. It's just so much fun. Great gameplay mechanics, hilarious dialogue, beautiful visuals, they have a better space-travel system... It really flew under the radar since it wasn't really marketed much. It's probably my favorite title in the series since Up Your Arsenal.

Comment

• May return to Parasite Eve II.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

• Recently replayed Silent Hill Origins, 1, 2, Homecoming, and Shattered Memories for the bazillionth time.

I also replayed both Uncharted games in anticipation of 3, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't play them yet again before November 1.

Beat FableIII again as well, enjoyed it still, though I really hate that the game mandates you to be a dick if you want your citizens to survive, which I chose not too (1 time was enough).

Might replay God of War III this week, maybe the rest of LA Noire's DLC if I get the money.
                    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                      What would be your first fav exclusive? Since I'm pretty much a noob PS3 user lol.
                      Demon Souls.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Dead Island

Looking forward to getting Bloodrayne Betrayal later
                        "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Not sure what to buy, Dead Island or Resistance 3.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Dead Island. If you keep it long enough I may even play with you.

Comment

• I'll get it when it goes cheaper.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• Tomorrow i get dead island i cant wait to play !

Comment

Working...
                                X