What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
    I've been palying Dead Island, Resistence 3, God of War: Origins Collection.

For some odd reason a Wall-Mart by me put God of War: Origins Collection out 3 days back and I bought two copies (one for me and a friend). They didn't ring up in their system so they had to go by the tag they put out. Wall-Mart, my oh my. This is the same one that put out MW2 a week early last year and I bought a copy for the Xbox and PS3.
    How is Resistance 3?
    See you in hell.

Comment

• Bunch of demos, I have a habit of downloading them and not playing for months. I still think SFIII is crap, Explodemon is awful, God of War Collection 2 actually looks quite amazing for a PSP port, Bloodrayne is a shallow spam fest.

Think I'll continue with Back to the Future.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory HD

Easily the best of the three, though I'll still pick up the retail release when that comes out in a week or so.
        See you in hell.

Comment

• I started playing a game called Spelunker HD (It's on the PS Network), and I have to say that I have never played a game that has pissed me off more than this one has. I'll tell the general premise of the game though: You are basically this little miner dude going around collecting treasure, collecting keys, killing ghosts with a fan, and going deeper and deeper into the ground. I watched a lot of videos on this game before actually parting with the $10 it cost on the network (Yes, I am very cheap sometimes), and thought it looked like a lot fun.

The game is fun aside from the fact that you have to save during every level if you want to start back at that level should you die. I was unaware of this because the game claims to save automatically, which I guess it does, but not in the way I thought it did (It basically only saves your statistics...Like how much treasure you collected, ghosts killed, et cetera). I wanted it to actually save progress.

Another complaint is the character gets killed for every stupid little thing. You jump a bit farther than you're supposed to...DEAD! You fall off a rope, but are still very close to the ground...DEAD! The game glitches and knocks you close to a steam vent...DEAD! It is sort of like that game Limbo where you have to basically memorize the level, and then run through knowing where all the traps and whatnot are. This does not amuse me.

Decent game, but be prepared to get pissed off...A lot.
          Last edited by Xander Ashford; 09-10-2011, 07:56 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• I appreciate the post, I've been tempted by Spelunker HD but I think I'll give a miss. Sounds frustrating, plus I've got a lot of other games to get through.
            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-10-2011, 08:06 PM.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              I appreciate the post, I've been tempted by Spelunker HD but I think I'll give a miss. Sounds frustrating, plus I've got a lot of other games to get through.
              I could just be a sucky player too. It is fun, but it does become repetitive. If you ever do cave in and get it, let me know because no one is ever on the multiplayer that I have noticed.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                If you ever do cave in and get it, let me know because no one is ever on the multiplayer that I have noticed.
                I see what you did there.
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-10-2011, 09:26 PM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

I see what you did there.
                  It was actually unintentional, but after I posted it I saw the connection too.

Okay, Spencer, I shall modify my review on Spelunker HD a bit: After about 20 levels into the game, it got A LOT better. I think it seriously took me that long to get accustomed to the style of gameplay. I will say the game is definitely still quite tedious...BUT when you know what you're doing, it isn't so bad.

They do do a good job of mixing things up. For example, you repeatedly use bombs to blow holes in walls, get jewels, et cetera...Eventually, they have you use bombs to chase snakes underground to get across platforms. The bombs also start causing cave ins.

It very much reminds me of a game for NES called "Boomerang Kid" and I know no one will have ever heard of that one...Same basic premise though.

...Oh, dear Satan, watching that on YouTube makes me cringe. I H-A-T-E-D that game with unholy passion. The music is making me want to kill a baby seal.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The one thing that could encourage me to get this game right now is the envisionment of a scenario where you and I are exploring a cave network, then setting off a series of timed explosions to reach lower areas of the network, only for the bombs to trigger a ridiculous cave-in.

Cue dramatic dialogue, "The whole cave's coming down, we gotta get out of here!"

Or something to that effect. It sounded a lot better in my head.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Well, the game does have Indiana Jones boulders...

I think that's about as action-packed as it gets.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bunch of PSN games bought in sales but never got round to playing or finishing.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Played some more dead island today it really gets harder in the middel of the city
                          so good

Comment

• At home: Dead Island. It's actually pretty fun and surprisingly deep. Reminds me of Borderlands. Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish it this weekend (have to get back to college and my dad's going to play it while I'm gone). I'll have other things to keep me busy though:

At college: I plan on having with me...

Silent Hill 3
                            Silent Hill 4
                            God of War
                            God of War II

Should be a fun week.
                            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Deus Ex for the PC
                              See you in hell.

Comment

How is Resistance 3?
                                It's easily the best of the Resistance games. Addictive multiplayer, nice story, superb graphics. I always found the second game better than the first, but felt stiff or too linear to me. The third is still very linear but does not feel as linear as the first game.

The multiplayer is fast paced and visceral. I bought the game to see the conclusion of the story but the multiplayer is really the main draw. I was not a fan of Resistance 2's multiplayer side as it was too big and just a cluster fuck. I just hated being corned by like 20 guys in R2. The third game is capped at 16vs 16 or so. Much better IMO was R2 was around 64vs64 (from memory).
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X