What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time on my new 3DS. My first Zelda game ever. I must say it is much better than I thought. Beautiful game.
    Play A Link to the Past! My very first Zelda game, and nothing beats a good bit of ol' retro Zelda.

Comment

• Time for some Gears 3 WHORDE with Mr. Spencer!

Comment

• Well that was awesome.
        See you in hell.

Comment

• I have a very moving tale. So there were two Berserkers running around, trying to kill us. I'd taken down a fair few enemies by now, but I was trapped and cornered by Locust, getting barbequed by some flamethrower bastard and I was near death. Blind firing because I couldn't see, I just managed to take the flamethrower guy down and just as I was about to run, I took a couple of rounds to the chest and I was down. Thinking this was my time because I'd had a lot of near-misses and I was surrounded by enemies, I crawled into the corner of the building and waited to die peacefully. Then, through the smoke, fire and bullets, Mr. Spencer comes charging through with his Retro Lancer, AAAAARRRRRGHHH and all, and revives me, like a true brother of the COG. He gets charged by a Berserker, then decides to charge it back, and we take those gits down. The End.

Comment

• Christ I must have come across as a complete maniac in those matches, I remember charging a drudge. That was epic, just ran in, impaled it and kicked it away as it exploded.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• I think you were charging just about everything that moved. I run up with my Lancer, I hear "AAAAARGHH" coming from behind and then BAM! You're standing in front of me with something impaled on your bayonet.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post

Yup, I'm gonna be busy for awhile. See you guys in a few months!
                I still haven't played the first Persona, but once the Vita comes around, with what little time I have, I'll do a playthrough of the series. Hopefully P4: The Golden will come around when I get to that.

Nonetheless, for me it's been:

-Skyrim
                -Chrono Cross
                -King of Fighters XII. This game's spiked my interest in the series as a whole, probably my favorite fighter this year.
                -Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (when my friend brings it over), Battlefield 3, and Street Fighter III in lesser amounts.
                Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 12-09-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Rogue Galaxy. A little forgotten about JRPG, but I love it. It suffers from some JRPG cliches, yeah(especially near the end) but it also is unique in its own way. It has something I really really like in games, a fix of fantasy and science fiction. The premise is that a boy joins a crew of space pirates, and it kind of takes off from there. It has gameplay elements that remind of other games I've played, but in a good way. For example, leveling is similar to the sphere grid of Final Fantasy X but is WAY better. The weapon upgrades remind me of Dark Cloud, and the side quest hunts remind me of the hunt system in Final Fantasy XII. So yes, it does suffer from overdone tired tropes but I still recommend it. It has its emotional and cool moments alike. (I didn't even mention the vocie acting, Greg Ellis, Steve Blum, Quentin Flynn, Will Friedle, Yuri Lowenthal, and others.)

Comment

• Games, I'm playing in my Sega CD emulator: Snatcher, The Terminator, Sonic CD, and Lunar: the Silver Star.
                    sigpic
                    "So many assholes, so few bullets." - Duke Nukem

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                      Rogue Galaxy. A little forgotten about JRPG, but I love it. It suffers from some JRPG cliches, yeah(especially near the end) but it also is unique in its own way. It has something I really really like in games, a fix of fantasy and science fiction. The premise is that a boy joins a crew of space pirates, and it kind of takes off from there. It has gameplay elements that remind of other games I've played, but in a good way. For example, leveling is similar to the sphere grid of Final Fantasy X but is WAY better. The weapon upgrades remind me of Dark Cloud, and the side quest hunts remind me of the hunt system in Final Fantasy XII. So yes, it does suffer from overdone tired tropes but I still recommend it. It has its emotional and cool moments alike. (I didn't even mention the vocie acting, Greg Ellis, Steve Blum, Quentin Flynn, Will Friedle, Yuri Lowenthal, and others.)
                      You know, I was actually thinking about playing Rogue Galaxy again the other day. Great game, music is decent too. You know I like the costumes and it overall... given a choice between this and Star Ocean 3 or 4 I'd much rather Rogue Galaxy to be honest. SO4 doesn't look too bad, but still pissed off after SO3's cop out ending.

I ended up finally getting around to starting Shadow Hearts though.

One thing bugging me with Shadow Hearts is the weird combo of both the Japanese and English voice over combined. Like really, you're going to give particular characters their dialogue in Japanese, but when it comes to another character that also has dialogue in Japanese - you actually give her an in-battle bit of English dialogue but still ignore the other characters' in-battle dialogue? WTF?

I mean, I'm all for a mix or even a selection but it still bugs me a bit.

I just finished up the boat to Shanghai bit and saved it on the world map.

That and Dissidia Duodecium I also ended up starting since I kept forgetting about it.

Though, now that I've got a decent amount of my games in my room now - each time I look at the shelf all I see is RPGs at the front mainly.

That and some of the Syphon Filter games or the box of Clock Tower stuff.

I feel like playing the Musashi games at the moment, think I will. Either that or play Rogue Galaxy. Or maybe cave in and play the first three Syphon Filter games again (I've had music from Syphon Filter, Syphon Filter 2 stuck in my head like no fucking tomorrow - I'm looking at you Mara Aramov battle music (in the first game), United Pacific Train 101, Club 32 and the end credit music from Syphon Filter 2. Though Mark Snow's arrangement of the main theme for Omega Strain was nice too).

The issue with that is, that would make me want Bend to make another game after what happened in Logan's Shadow - but it still just doesn't feel the same without John Chacon voicing Gabe.
                      Last edited by Enetirnel; 12-10-2011, 11:12 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Non-blurry Signature Version
                      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Demon Souls.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I've been playing a lot of King of Fighters, and not just XIII, but the series in general. Just started 2002 and 2003 and I'm also playing some '99 from the PSN. Of all the gaming canon out there I didn't realize a fighting game would be the one to absorb me this year. Now KoF's up there with RE, Silent Hill, and Shin Megami Tensei as among my favorite franchises in gaming. Once the Vita comes out The KoF Orochi Collection will probably be my first PSP download along with Persona. Meanwhile I can look around for all the NESTS and Ash chronicle games, along with the 3D interface "Maximum Impact" games for the PS2.

Comment

• Finally got into TF2 after my friends keep nudging me, great game lots of fun.

Comment

• Smiley and I were discussing the voice acting of a particular character in Kingdom Hearts II flashbacks and I couldn't stand the voice acting so I ended up popping Kingdom Hearts in.

I don't recall Sora's health bar being so large, the photo doesn't show it - but it's actually more than half-way across my screen.

Spoiler:

I don't have Ultima equipped because I'm a Final Fantasy VIII fan so I had to equip the Lionheart/Griever one. XD

Other than that, due to my laptop's touchpad and keyboard not wanting to play nice on a decent amount of PC games and my being too lazy to reinstall my PC controller - I've been playing Chaos Rings on my iPhone.

Fun game, would prefer playing it on a DS or PSP though since doing so on my phone feels a little awkward.

I'm also going through Chantelise, Limbo, Shadow Hearts and Glass Rose. Oddly enough, the Japanese guide calls it "The Rose of Glass" and that also reminds me to rip the extra behind the scenes stuff off the Japanese copy.
                              sigpic
                              Non-blurry Signature Version
                              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Still playing Mass Effect 2 in preparation for 3. Oh Tali, you so awesome.

Also playing Infamous 2. Fun game. Although they deffinteily need to over the Famous/Infamous system. I'd like to have been able to do some fun stuff with Nix without getting evil points...or falling in a puddle, for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X