No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamping on Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the PSP and will probably continue Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Comment

• Max Payne 3.

The first thing I hear the enemies say is "I'll cut your balls, faggot!" and I laughed like crazy.

Comment

• Sex Violence Rock'n'Roll: Viewing of the Skirt.

Comment

• Mafia 2.
          sigpic

Comment

• Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning.

Isn't that bad actually.

Though, I'm hearing nearly all of the VAs that were involved in Demento/Haunting Ground fucking EVERYWHERE in this game.

I can barely take an in-game step without hearing Cornelia, Moira, Greg, Robin or Enn for every NPC.

Fiona is selling me items. Daniella is offering me a room at the inn - I can do whatever I want to with it, as long as I don't set the bed on fire. Riccardo is running around trying to get magic skills...

To the point that some of the lines are in the same tone, though Moira's aren't like her Daniella recordings (from what I've heard YET. I could be wrong!), I've ripped a couple of audio samples of Cornelia and Greg out of the game because I just can't resist doing a skit or just SOMETHING with the correct sounding dialogue.

Anyway, I'm having fun. I just didn't realize nearly all the VAs were in it until I started playing the game and kept going "Wait? What? Nah... Can't be who I think that sounds like.... *Looks at IMDB* Huh? Well. I'll be." so it made it more amusing to me. XD
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Dragon Age II. So far, so good, although I'm running around Kirkwall trying to scrounge up cash so I can go into the Deep Rods...

...where I will push Carver down a big fucking hole and throw an Ogre after him. Sweet Heavens that man is the whiniest character I've run into since Shinji from Evangelion.

BUT other than that so far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning.
                The VA of that game is terrible, there is zero emotion in the peformance, a line you'd think is meant to be blurted in panick like a monster attacking is spoke as calm as someone given directions. Sometimes back to back.

I really liked the combat though.

Edit: Playing Skyrim.
                Last edited by Dracarys; 06-15-2012, 11:02 AM.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• World of Warcraft
                  See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                    The VA of that game is terrible, there is zero emotion in the peformance, a line you'd think is meant to be blurted in panick like a monster attacking is spoke as calm as someone given directions. Sometimes back to back.

I really liked the combat though.

Edit: Playing Skyrim.
                    The voice actors in the game are actually good VAs, just looking at the voice directors for the game - they were mainly lead sound recordist for particular productions whereas when they actually have a good director like Ginny McSwain who refuses nearly anything less than perfect, she makes them re-record over and over again until she feels they've gotten it finally.

Knowing that a decent amount of those VAs also have accents as well, I feel that they didn't need the accents so strongly but I'm not blaming them for their performance as they would have been told to do it in a particular manner.

To the point, they sound perfectly fine in Demento, Dragon Age Origins & Dragon Age II (which were actually cast and voice directed by the aforementioned Ginny McSwain. She also cast RE4 from what I recall too).

It's like Greg Ellis having to lay on a thick accent for Cait Sith in Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children & Dirge of Cerberus despite he actually sounds like this -

That and the VO didn't need that annoying fucking reverb for the Fae. It sounds more mechanical than mystical to me and makes it a little hard to hear some of the dialog.

But some of the clearer dialog is good enough for me to hack up and play with to do some little Demento videos for sheer sake of amusement.
                    Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    Dragon Age II. So far, so good, although I'm running around Kirkwall trying to scrounge up cash so I can go into the Deep Rods...

...where I will push Carver down a big fucking hole and throw an Ogre after him. Sweet Heavens that man is the whiniest character I've run into since Shinji from Evangelion.

BUT other than that so far, so good.
                    Haha, well if you're lucky then Carver will die on you like he did for me.

Though I needed a break from DAII, so that's why I started playing KoA-R.
                    Last edited by Enetirnel; 06-15-2012, 06:56 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I don't care about achievements...but I am the kinda player that will not leave until every sub-quest is done, if I can possibly do. Dragon Age II is therefore starting to drive me to madness. Everytime I think I've cleared an area three or four new quests will appear once I beat another quest from a different area. Bar a couple of quick forays up the mountain to finish some quests, I haven't managed to leave the city. It is driving me slowly crazy.

...and I've only got like 30 sovereigns!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        I don't care about achievements...but I am the kinda player that will not leave until every sub-quest is done, if I can possibly do. Dragon Age II is therefore starting to drive me to madness. Everytime I think I've cleared an area three or four new quests will appear once I beat another quest from a different area. Bar a couple of quick forays up the mountain to finish some quests, I haven't managed to leave the city. It is driving me slowly crazy.

...and I've only got like 30 sovereigns!
                        That's what I do and what I was doing in KoA. Ignoring the main game crap and doing all sidequests and factions and then when I get to the main game stuff it's a nice and easy clear on those.

You'll get out of the city soon, to experience the repeating dungeons. You see, I could take the repeating dungeons in ME1 because I got to explore with the Mako and it had neat music...

(Sure the music drove me a little batshit for the first hour and a half, turned it off and listened to some of my own... And had to put the music back on, outside of listening to Freedom Fighters - Two Steps From Hell which was rather cool to go around to and just check out the environment. But I'm glad I put the music back on before I even went to Therum).

But no music? And rainbow render bugs from time to time on me? DX The cave with the cheesewheel likes to fuck up the most on me, so from time to time doing a quest it looks like half the cave is having a trip and the other half is fine OR I'm walking in an abyss that lasts for a few metres until I get to the next section.

It's only EVER the cave that fucks up too.

And trust me, you'll have a good amount of coin in DAII just you'll have to blow a bit on the exploration. I'd just say, remember healing items and crap.

Also I have to say Anders in DAII - no. DO NOT WANT.

And if Fenris hates mages so much... Well.... my Hawke is a mage. Just saying.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'm OK with Anders so far, but I was fond of him in Awakening too. Same with Justice, which kinda helps things.

I also seem to keep taking the wrong characters on the wrong quests. Do not take Fenris anywhere near mages, Isabella anywhere near kindness or Aveline anywhere near criminals, as far as I can tell, or expect to see lots of not approving.

Comment

• Currently waiting for my next game from Boomerang. Its £4 a month and you can pick from pretty much all games. You get the game for a month and then post it back for a new one with the option to keep it another month or buy it at a discounted price. There is also an option to up your package to £7,£10 and others. Obviously the more you pay the more games you get and the premium you are for getting the newer games. I have never had to wait for a game though and they send them out very fast. I'l send a game back and 3 days later get another. Really good service. My next game will be one of the following. Fifa Street, SSX, Silent Hill HD, Silent Hill Downpour, Split Second, Prototype 2, Fallout New Vegas Edition or Starhawk. I used to rent from blockbusters but this is a million times better and its freepost so you literally pay £4 per month, cant go wrong. The only game I have bought since I signed up to this is OCR and Max Payne 3. I have rented about 8 games and saved a shed load of money.

Comment

• I picked up Gravity Rush but have not played it yet..
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                I'm OK with Anders so far, but I was fond of him in Awakening too. Same with Justice, which kinda helps things.

I also seem to keep taking the wrong characters on the wrong quests. Do not take Fenris anywhere near mages, Isabella anywhere near kindness or Aveline anywhere near criminals, as far as I can tell, or expect to see lots of not approving.
                                Starts out OK, then they slip down. Not as good as they were in Awakening I think.

I tend to drag Fenris along regardless, I usually can get to a compromise as a Mage Hawke myself so Fenris usually keeps quiet. Or at least doesn't get rivalry stuff.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X