No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a mage too, but Fenris is rabid when it comes to mages. I took him on a mission where a slaver was trying to steal a mage, figuring he'd enjoy the murdering of slavers, which he did. As soon as I saved the child (and had to re-load because I chose the wrong option rather than instantly unleashing Fenris) I got some more rivalry because I didn't send the kid to the Templars. Sent him to the Elves instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
      Currently waiting for my next game from Boomerang. Its £4 a month and you can pick from pretty much all games. You get the game for a month and then post it back for a new one with the option to keep it another month or buy it at a discounted price. There is also an option to up your package to £7,£10 and others. Obviously the more you pay the more games you get and the premium you are for getting the newer games. I have never had to wait for a game though and they send them out very fast. I'l send a game back and 3 days later get another. Really good service. My next game will be one of the following. Fifa Street, SSX, Silent Hill HD, Silent Hill Downpour, Split Second, Prototype 2, Fallout New Vegas Edition or Starhawk. I used to rent from blockbusters but this is a million times better and its freepost so you literally pay £4 per month, cant go wrong. The only game I have bought since I signed up to this is OCR and Max Payne 3. I have rented about 8 games and saved a shed load of money.
      I use Lovefilm, get unlimited movie streaming in my package also. £11 a month for unlimited movie streaming (about 3500 movies with new movies cycled in/out every week), rent 2 games at a time, keep them as long as I want, unlimited number of game rentals per month (can rent movies on disc if want too). Used to wait for lots of games to drop in price but been using this for about 2 years now and even if I had waited until most games were £10-15 only saved probably well over a £1000 via renting on games alone, nevermind the movies watched.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
        I use Lovefilm, get unlimited movie streaming in my package also. £11 a month for unlimited movie streaming (about 3500 movies with new movies cycled in/out every week), rent 2 games at a time, keep them as long as I want, unlimited number of game rentals per month (can rent movies on disc if want too). Used to wait for lots of games to drop in price but been using this for about 2 years now and even if I had waited until most games were £10-15 only saved probably well over a £1000 via renting on games alone, nevermind the movies watched.
        I dont need that kind of deal because my girlfriend doesnt have the internet so we cant stream movies over there and I dont watch them on my own so pointless signing up to it for movies thats why I choose Boomerang.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          I'm a mage too, but Fenris is rabid when it comes to mages. I took him on a mission where a slaver was trying to steal a mage, figuring he'd enjoy the murdering of slavers, which he did. As soon as I saved the child (and had to re-load because I chose the wrong option rather than instantly unleashing Fenris) I got some more rivalry because I didn't send the kid to the Templars. Sent him to the Elves instead.
          Ah, I could have sworn I had used Fenris snapping and somehow got some sort of deal with the Templar in charge to look the other way or something like that and Fenris remained neutral. I can't remember. I really should finish DAII. Just there's some jokes in it, but not every few minutes like DA-O with Alistair in the party.

I tend to have Alistair, Dog and either Wynne or Morrigan.

You wouldn't have any idea how I was practically crying from laughing so hard at some of the dialogue.

Alistair "I hate you. You're a bad person."... Wynne most likely doing the troll-face.
          Last edited by Enetirnel; 06-17-2012, 08:53 AM.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Alistair is such a great character, though nearly all the DA:O companions are great, Sten was crap. DA2 bunch were really crap in comparison, aside from Varric. When DA3 eventually happens I hope the Origins bunch return as companions somehow.

Comment

• I deffintely prefer the Origins companions. Varric is good, and a couple of the others are growing on me, but some of them are just downright irritating. So far I just wanna murder Carver.

Comment

• I know I'm going to catch flak for saying this, but half of Origins' companions were dull, boring doorstops with personalities even Chris Redfield wouldn't envy. Sten is wholly uninteresting as Kossith go, Oghren was a walking stereotype whose humor couldn't be less funny, Wynne is possibly the most unspectacular character in Bioware's roster, Leliana is annoying, etc. Only Alistair, Morrigan, Shale, and Zevran have any real value as companions in terms of well-written dialogue and engaging personalities. Oh, and the Dog's good too, I suppose, but he doesn't talk.

By comparison, the only DA2 party members I can't stand are Anders and Merill; everyone else is fine, even Carver. IMO, if there's one thing that DA2 did definitively better (for me) it was character interaction and development.

Anyway, been playing (and beat) Lollipop Chainsaw. Was fun and quirky just like I expected it to be, but Shadows of the Damned is the far better game in terms of recent Suda51 efforts. Solid B grade game at least.
                A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Walking towards a dragon marker in Skyrim, come across a very steep rocky mountainside but with a bit of effort manage to get up it, too lazy to make my way around it. I reach the top and the Dragon is sitting there asleep just below me, its back facing me.

Tempted with a sneak attack, I instead chose to ride the dragon, the thing goes berserk the moment I land on it and takes to the air, I get incredibly high up without falling off, then the dragon does this swooping motion (swooping is bad) and I cannot stay on, as the ground rises towards my position I feel a deep sorrow for my horse, which I was riding the entire time.

Comment

• Recently finished Half-Life 2 and the episodes and I'm playing Batman Arkham Asylum now, fucking incredible game.

Comment

• Finished Countdown Vampires a while ago. It's an alright RE clone, despite the awful voice acting and translation work. Music is cringe-worthy though, and I was tempted to mute the BGM half of the time. I'm gonna try playing the New Game+ mode tomorrow, since it funtions as a "Scenario B" of sorts.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• I'm playing through the Yakuza games, on 3 at the minute, with 4 and Dead Souls waiting for me. Also have Kenzan recently arrived from Japan, and I've got a couple of guides online to help me through it.

But seriously, these games, these Yakuza/Like a Dragon games, are absolutely fucking amazing. The finest PlayStation exclusive series by such a long margin it's unbelievable. Not nearly enough people play these games, and you all certainly, certainly should.
                        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• -Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles HD - Beyond the cheesy additions such as Sergei, his Disco Tyrans, and Talos, along with the crap dialogue (yes, for an RE game- I don't quite recall any instance in the main titles where Jill gives a generic response to nothing in particular, on three separate occasions), I'm fine with the arcade-y feel of it. Maybe it's the fact that I got it at a budget price (well, certainly compared to release) and after all the universal criticism it's received. Nonetheless, it's fun enough to waste time, and I actually liked the scenario involving Richard and 'Becca. There was a better dynamic between the two than there had any right to be. Welp, from what I understand Darkside Chronicles vastly improves the overall presentation, along with a few other things (such as some of the ridiculous instances of difficulty), so I can't wait to get to that one.

-Persona 4: Arena - I need to get used to this game, and quick. I played once online and got my ass handed to me. Nonetheless, it's a love letter for fans of the series, and it has a beautiful presentation. The mechanics are strikingly deep, and while each character's move list is shallow, they have their own characteristics to keep them distinct. The story mode is also substantial, and there's enough extras to make this a meaty fighter. Capcom seriously needs to take notes after games such as P4A and MK.

-Batman: Arkham City GOTY - I had the original copy, and for no apparent discernable reason just shelved it before my PS3 and all my games got stolen. At a budget price, I couldn't leave this one hanging, so I bought it and actually started playing more. I love the web of villains incorporated, having no experience with the comics whatsoever (I did play Asylum and enjoyed how that game acquaints you with the mythos), and the side missions are incorporated well, motivating the player more than enough to go through them. The Arkham series has a great fighting system- easy to pick up and hard to master, with AI that works very well on normal mode, punishing slip ups. I tried the hard difficulty and it's a little too unforgiving for my tastes. Glad to be in the middle of this.

Final Fantasy VI - Welp, this is my last attempt to do a full playthrough. The first two times I got sidelined grinding just before tackling Kefka's Tower, and I lost my data for each. Currently past the Magitek Research Facility, and once I get to the World of Ruin I'll try to reestablish my position. Here's hoping I can finish it this time!
                          Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 08-15-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• MGS4. after getting used to stealth in this game, doing the Chicken Emblem again is fuckin' boring.
                            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Bought Shinobi on PSN from PS2 Classics list. I've seen a lot of press coverage on this back in a day but never got a chance to play it, until now. It is very much what I expected it to be and even a little better. Great sonic fast slicing combat, one of the most stylish art directions for a ninja game ever, very fitting and wonderfully done soundtrack. My only problem with the game is not even its unforgiving difficulty but its inverted by default x/y axis. You press down - you look up, you press left - camera turns right. I was a little shocked that this is how it was in original back on PS2 and that there's no option to change it. Makes me really consider to buy Madcatz PS3 MLG Controller which supposedly has a function to invert axis, but customers ratings for that thing are quite average. Well either way so far I've been playing without using the 'view' right analog stick at all (thanks to auto-aim) and got over the mid-point in the game.

Comment

• im playing left 4 dead 2 as always, and sniper elite V2.

SNEV2 is awesome, a must have for pc gamers. amazing graphics and sniper theme. it has a very high difficult in which wind, speed and gravity affects your bullets, and the game has a x ray vision, so you will see the bullet blowing some internal organ, you can avoid to scream "OUCH" when you explode some nazi testicles ehehe

im playing Resi Remake, with the right sound device, it turns great!

Comment

Working...
                                X