No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave Ghost Recon Online a go tonight since it's in open beta.

It's a little rough around the edges, but the best of it reminds me of the better days of Metal Gear Online, great fun.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Hyped up for the imminent release of RE6, I've been playing RE5 again (reasoning being that it is my least replayed entry in the series and also finally want to get the Platinum trophy). Must admit I enjoyed it (again) a lot more than I thought I would. My initial problem with 5 is that nothing surprised me. The trailers gave the story moreorless away so I suppose my first run through was left with the bitter after taste of "that's it!?" I'm actually off work after an operation too so my free time needs filling so 5 has been getting some of my free hours. I guess it has edged its way back into my heart a little.

Comment

• I just had Starhawk from Boomerang. Not very impressed at all almost feels like a DLC game. Finished it within 2 days and the online needs a code which doesnt come with the game because it is rented. Got the game for another 28 days and have nothing else to do. Waste of a rental in my opinion. The story is very poor, its told in comic book style and not at all interesting. There is like 4-5 stages featured in the game with about 12-15 chapters. You keep returning to the same stages with different objectives. After the first 5 chapters the game starts to get old. I was just playing it to finish it in the end. Very mundane stages at that. Like I said this feels like a DLC game you would buy for £10. Wouldnt waste your time on this one unless you pick it up for £5 when it reaches bargin bin status.

Before this I had Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition which has an insane amount of things for you to do and for this game to be cheaper than Starhawk its crazy. I already completed Fallout NV twice and a third time I stopped before choosing sides so I loaded the DLC on this game save. The DLC was pretty good not as good as Fallout 3's but I dont think anything about NV is better than Fallout3. I love Fallout but it really needs to work on its glitches. I got to a point where I was at level 40 something and the game was struggling to work. Anytime I tried to enter a busy area the game would just lag and freeze it literally took the game 3-4 minutes to load up my pipboy. I had to exit the game and re-enter just to continue. Luckily I just managed to finish the DLC before it got to much. I wont be able to play it again now though cause I cant even leave the house anymore it just freezes and lags even if there is about 2-3 enemys. Its ridiclous.

Comment

• Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
          sigpic

Comment

• On 2nd playthrough of Resident Evil: Revelations campaign, alternating with Raid mode.
            sigpic

Comment

• F:NV Dead Money
              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                I just had Starhawk from Boomerang. Not very impressed at all almost feels like a DLC game. Finished it within 2 days and the online needs a code which doesnt come with the game because it is rented. Got the game for another 28 days and have nothing else to do. Waste of a rental in my opinion. The story is very poor, its told in comic book style and not at all interesting. There is like 4-5 stages featured in the game with about 12-15 chapters. You keep returning to the same stages with different objectives. After the first 5 chapters the game starts to get old. I was just playing it to finish it in the end. Very mundane stages at that. Like I said this feels like a DLC game you would buy for £10. Wouldnt waste your time on this one unless you pick it up for £5 when it reaches bargin bin status.
                Starhawk is all about the multiplayer, much like Warhawk before it (Warhawk didn't even have a single player). The devs even said the campaign is more like a long tutorial for the real game.

I support the idea of online passes, but I think every game with one should offer a 3-7 day trial.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                  Starhawk is all about the multiplayer, much like Warhawk before it (Warhawk didn't even have a single player). The devs even said the campaign is more like a long tutorial for the real game.

I support the idea of online passes, but I think every game with one should offer a 3-7 day trial.
                  Why do you support it? Its just another way of making sure nobody sells on their games. Once you buy a game that has an online pass if you use that online pass its worthless to anyone else. Lol why do you support it? Im curious.

Comment

Why do you support it? Its just another way of making sure nobody sells on their games. Once you buy a game that has an online pass if you use that online pass its worthless to anyone else. Lol why do you support it? Im curious.
                    Because devs/publishers deserve money for their games and it isn't right companies like gamestop and similar make more from each game than the people who actually made it. Used games are the reasons games get content locked away on disc you need pay for, is the reason pre-order bonuses are locking more away on games that release trying to force day one new game sales, and you sometimes can never get different stores bonuses.

Every online pass is a little reason towards not needing do that stuff. The people who make the game get a little cash from people who are extending the life of a copy and adding extra costs, especially for games running dedicated servers,
                    Last edited by Dracarys; 08-27-2012, 11:40 PM.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                      Because devs/publishers deserve money for their games and it isn't right companies like gamestop and similar make more from each game than the people who actually made it. Used games are the reasons games get content locked away on disc you need pay for, is the reason pre-order bonuses are locking more away on games that release trying to force day one new game sales, and you sometimes can never get different stores bonuses.

Every online pass is a little reason towards not needing do that stuff. The people who make the game get a little cash from people who are extending the life of a copy and adding extra costs, especially for games running dedicated servers,
                      Well all the more reason for companys to make decent games. If I buy a good game I wont sell it on but if its crap or just another game then bye bye. Also if they werent way over priced I would buy more and keep more of them. £40 a game is very expensive anyone has the right to sell their items who are they to take that away from us.

Comment

• I refuse to trade in any games at this point, considering that I would be making a significant loss every time I did.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• They aren't and they can't. But every second hand sale is, for them, a sale lost. They have no obligation to provide any additional services for free just because you bought a disc - you buy the right play the stuff on the disc, and that's it. Any additional services they choose to charge, or give away free to those who buy new, are there choice and a good a way as any to encourage people to buy new. It's no different to pre-order bonuses to encourage people to give them money upfront.

Comment

• As for what I'm playing, I am eagerly awaiting Patch 5.0.4.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• Played the Leviathan ME3 DLC last night, better than expected but too tied to the ending and therefore, not good. Also, I'm playing Lilith on my second run on Borderlands, I'm stuck on The Witcher and just started Darksiders.

Comment

Why do you support it? Its just another way of making sure nobody sells on their games. Once you buy a game that has an online pass if you use that online pass its worthless to anyone else.
                                I don't understand why game publishers think they are above the basic free market which exists for every other consumer product. I bought it, I can resell it. Taking measures to cripple this process is just grotesque. Why do they deserve more money than other industries?

Recently playing Borderlands co-op
                                Last edited by Code_R; 09-09-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X