Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
    Starcraft Broodwar.

Playing both single against AI, COOP against AI and occasionally player vs player.

This is by far the most complex and deep game Ive ever played. The more you learn, the more you play, the more you realize that you know jacksh!t. What a findmuck this game is.

Playing today at 22:00 GMT with a number of buddies. Live broadcast should be up aswell then, for those who are interested-

www.xfire.com/live_video/sqlfoxhound
    Oh, I envy you.

My Broodwar disk got scratched around the outer edge, so there are only like a 20 MBs of unreadable data. From a computer.

Now I can't reinstall it after I had to uninstall it because the MPQ files extensions were messed up (I stupidly tried opening it with another program, and now the computer remembers every time.).

I hate to ask for help, but does anyone know how to restore it to default?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeskerIncarnate View Post
      Hard mode with no Vita Chambers is the way to go.
      i did Survivor with no vital chambers on first playthrough for the PS3 version. i got all the trophies on 1 run, excluding the DLC content.
      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
        i did Survivor with no vital chambers on first playthrough for the PS3 version. i got all the trophies on 1 run, excluding the DLC content.
        Survivor? I didn't know there was a "Survivor" mode.

But then again, I played the 360 version. It must have been an added mode.

Sounds darn hard, though. Good job.

Comment

Survivor? I didn't know there was a "Survivor" mode.

But then again, I played the 360 version. It must have been an added mode.

Sounds darn hard, though. Good job.
          i own both versions, and the collector's edition for 360. didn't feel like opening the 360 version cause it was a holofoil cover. but i have all the achievements and all the trophies.

the game is too easy. fun as hell, but just too easy. one of my favorite games this gen though, hands down.

no matter the difficulty, you can always just overcome it by taking advantage of the save system.
          Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 07-22-2009, 09:56 PM.
          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Bioshock was a work of art if you ask me. Has a great plot, fantastic graphics and a nice gameplay. I just got all the achieves, and it was a lot of fun to play it once again!

I've been playing Street Fighter 4, Kane & Lynch and Fable 2.

I just can say that Seth is a cheap AI bitch.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Oh, I envy you.

My Broodwar disk got scratched around the outer edge, so there are only like a 20 MBs of unreadable data. From a computer.

Now I can't reinstall it after I had to uninstall it because the MPQ files extensions were messed up (I stupidly tried opening it with another program, and now the computer remembers every time.).

I hate to ask for help, but does anyone know how to restore it to default?
              Aslong as you have copied your disk and using a virtual copy to run it, and will not use an executable that bypasses verification, you should be fine in Blizzards book. So, you should do this-

Considering your disk is screwed, you will have to do a tad of bootlegging. Download Starcraft: Broodwar off the internet. Use your own CD-key and install it, then, whenever you want to play, just mount the Broodwar disk and play. You should back up all of your PC games that run of CD-s DVD-s, using a physical disk is really the easiest way to break it and Blizzard will most likely not send you a new one. Some companies tend to do that if you provide them with a check and a photo of your disk and CD key.

* Sorry if I nudged the "no piracy!" rule here. I figured I could walk the thin red line.
              Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 07-23-2009, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Finished the Fire temple last night on Zelda OT I'll be going on the Water Temple later today as well as Kingdom hearts 2.

Comment

• I've been playing:

Final Fantasy VIII ((Mainly just random battles, OR playing Triple Triad for kicks)).
                  Resident Evil - Deadly Silence
                  Resident Evil: Survivor
                  Resident Evil 4 - Felt like randomly playing Separate Ways with the Tricell Operative mod and had a go at fiddling with the lighting and music.
                  sigpic
                  Non-blurry Signature Version
                  Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• played resident evil zero yesterday was supposed too play REmake today but never got round too it >.<

Comment

• I started Mass Effect. So far, I'm iffy about it. I really like the true RPG elements like choosing everything that Sheperd says, and leveling up his skills and armor and such. The combat is pretty lame at times so I know what people are talking about when they say it's 'broken.' Other than that, it's pretty interesting so far. I'm not usually into these Star Trek-like storylines but it has kept my interest thus far.

Comment

• Leaving Outbreak a break for now, I'm playing Plants vs Zombies instead

Comment

• namco essentials from the psn store

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            I started Mass Effect. So far, I'm iffy about it. I really like the true RPG elements like choosing everything that Sheperd says, and leveling up his skills and armor and such. The combat is pretty lame at times so I know what people are talking about when they say it's 'broken.' Other than that, it's pretty interesting so far. I'm not usually into these Star Trek-like storylines but it has kept my interest thus far.
                            I dont think that the combat is broken, its just that the level design does not support Mass Effects (really fun IMO) gunfights.

Compare this to the tediousness of Fallout 3 "firefights".

Comment

• I played Haunting Ground again.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Spoiler:

I love this game, so much.
                              Last edited by missvalentine; 07-24-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• ^ I've ignored it in the past, but I really think you should spoiler tag your posts when you're talking about games. You think everyone here has played Haunting Ground? I haven't. I'd like to come into the thread, see what game someone's talking about and see spoiler tags. If I haven't played the game they're posting about, I won't click it.

Comment

Working...
                                X