No announcement yet.

Uncharted 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, you guys are all very lucky. Please share your thoughts once you've sampled the multiplayer beta.

Why did I pre-order through Amazon? Ah well, guess I only have to wait a few more weeks until the demo is made public. (9/30, right?)

As for the first review score...wow, is that legit? 21 out of 20? Did the game come with a free handjob? How do you surpass a perfect score?!

Comment

• ^ It's from the Official Playstation Magazine.

And while I'm sure the game is really great, giving it a mathematically impossible score of 21/20 is just plain retarded.
      Last edited by Vector; 09-15-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• PSM3 is not official.

Comment

• Oh, I was confusing that review for this one:
          Official PlayStation Blog for news and video updates on PlayStation, PS5, PS4, PS VR, PlayStation Plus and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            And while I'm sure the game is really great, giving it a mathematically impossible score of 21/20 is just plain retarded.
            Yeah, it really is. Something like that will cause future reviewers to possess more scrutiny toward the title. At least I believe so. Regardless of how awesome the final product is, it's going to be judged against the first released score.

Comment

• FUCK.

Got me a beta code tonight, wasn't that fussed, was looking forward to trying it out though. Had one game of deathmatch, last 12 minutes, was fun from start to finish! However...little did i expect to then spend about 20 minutes in the cinema mode taking photos! haha

Pictures shrunk a little so they don't slow the page down too much, but you can click them for the full sized...

For my first kill, i spent some time messing around with the different effects, filters etc...

So much fun, and that's only after one game and one cimema session!
              Last edited by Stu; 09-15-2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Wow...the Cinema looks really awesome. I can't wait to play it. It's still downloading for me.

Comment

• Have edited the post so you can click the images for the full size, look much better that way obviously!

Also, stats page here!

Comment

• After you guys do some more playthroughs, will you post some written thoughts/observations? No rush - I'd just like to know how awesome it is!

Comment

• Finally got the Beta downloaded...played one map of co-op. 'Twas fun, but it just took me a good 3 minutes to actually connect to a deathmatch game. I'm about to play it...BRB.

Yeah. Team Deathmatch is pretty cool. The cover system makes this game very suitable for the TDM gametype. I had a blast running and shooting, ducking behind cover, tossing grenades, platforming...I'm liking what I see so far.

Comment

• ^Thanks for the info.

http://games.venturebeat.com/2009/09...e-blockbuster/

As a character, Nathan Drake is quite different from other video game characters. He is recognizable as a regular guy. That was important for us. We wanted him to be a fallible hero — that was common as a thread in all of the pulp fiction we looked at. Our research for the original Uncharted took us all the way back to the beginnings of adventure storytelling. We looked at Robert Louis Stevenson and Robinson Crusoe. We zeroed in on early 20th century stories like Doc Savage, who was a finely honed physical specimen. That led us to heroes like Tintin. There you get more color in the characters, and more globetrotting in the stories. We looked at John Mclane from Die Hard. They’re not highly physically trained, but more regular guys who fight in a sloppy way. They don’t have precise Ninja powers.
                        *Thank God Drake will remain (mostly) believable and likable, unlike a certain emo-haired protagonist.

You get 10 to 12 hours of single-player game and possibly hundreds of hours of multiplayer gameplay.
                        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys. I just got myself a multiplayer beta code. Once I get it downloaded, any fellow THIA members want to hit it up?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Definitely. I'd love to party up and play some co-op, competitive, whatever. I'm really having a lot of fun with this beta.

I've been playing Gold Rush all day. Probably my favorite gametype thus far.
                            Last edited by Vector; 09-16-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Definitely! I'm getting pretty psyched for this game, but I honestly hadn't thought much about it or the first one. I played the demo of the first one last year, and i wasn't so impressed, but after what they showed at E3 this year(next to Splinter Cell Conviction), it seems like Naughty Dog may have reached a new level. And I love me some Naughty Dog, because of Jak and Daxter. Could it be possible UC could be the new flagship title, uncrowning Kratos in God of War? (I never have been a big fan of GOW, honestly)
                              Last edited by valentinesdead?; 09-16-2009, 01:36 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• CR29 recommended the Uncharted 1 demo to me way back at the beginning of this year, and I played it and didn't care for it too much either. Then, this summer I caved and bought the full game and enjoyed the heck out of it.

I think you should just bite the bullet and pick-up Uncharted 1 prior to playing Uncharted 2. It'll help endear you to the characters, and make you very familiar with the gameplay (though the demo may do this as well).

Not to mention you'll be purchasing/owning one of the finest games in the PS3 library.

Comment

Working...
                                X