X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTAIV PC Problems

Here

I'm reconsidering getting GTAIV now.

This is just another bullshit post from Rockstar. Made for next-gen PCs? Get real, and get some real tech coders while you're at it. They might be able to produce some better games.

Yet another game plagued with DRM issues. I have the game and can only play in offline mode. Still runs like ass regardless if your on a gaming rig or not. Sadly this looks like the future of gaming unless the game is made by Valve.

Comment

Yeah, been doing more reading and it seems Rockstar Social Club are having "temporary" problems with logging in. How convienent, especially when the PC GTAIV has only just come out.

Comment

I still don't understand why you PC gamers all continue to buy things on PC when they're plagued by DRM and other rapeage of freedom. I can play all my games with or without the internet and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
          I still don't understand why you PC gamers all continue to buy things on PC when they're plagued by DRM and other rapeage of freedom. I can play all my games with or without the internet and I love it.
          For me it was a matter of being informed at the last minute. It wasn't until last weekend that I found out the PC version would use DRM. Sadly I had already pre-ordered the game a week in advance. My optimism led me to believe it would be different this time around but sadly GTA IV's DRM methods are terrible just like the rest. You can't even save unless you are logged in.
          Last edited by alf717; 12-03-2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

>_> Sounds awesome.

Either way, can't you cancel your pre-order? >_>

Comment

That sucks I played all the GTA games on my PC - now i'll have to buy this for the ps3....
              sigpic

Comment

God, the more I read about this, the more I hate Rockstar.

Seems Bully: Scholarship Edition for PC ran as bad as GTAIV. What happened Rockstar? You guys started to improve after the dismal GTA3 PC port, but now...

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                  God, the more I read about this, the more I hate Rockstar.

Seems Bully: Scholarship Edition for PC ran as bad as GTAIV. What happened Rockstar? You guys started to improve after the dismal GTA3 PC port, but now...
                  Yea its a shame they took this route. I'd buy more games off Steam if Valve could enforce a type of no "extra" DRM policy since you have to connect to Steam anyway to play your games. Its a shame since this game requires a very good PC to run it. Almost along the lines of a future PC that still doesn't exist like Crysis. I have the game running on some low settings but to me its not about running the game anymore. I'm still thinking about that day down the road when I want to play the game and I won't get a chance because the activation servers no longer exist. Doubt Gamestop will give me my cash back but hell I'll take there crapping trade in offer even if it means I lose in the end. I guess it is just time to leave my PC gaming needs up to Valve products and buy a console for these games. Ah well I figure I'd give this DRM thing another try but this is going a bit to far for my liking. Adios PC gaming.

I like how with Tomb Raider Underworld all it asks is for the disc. SecuROM is still installed but only for CD checking which works best. Don't get me wrong GTA IV is fun. I'm up to Vlad's mission already but no one likes jumping through hoops just to play a game.
                  Last edited by alf717; 12-03-2008, 11:25 AM.

Comment

The day when activation servers go offline is the day when sites like ----- and ----- become useful. Serves the game companies right.

Borman Edit: No need to name where you can pirate stuff.
                    Last edited by Borman; 12-04-2008, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X