No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting a 360.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine doesn't have a LOT code on it. Went on the DVD drive site, pulled off my wireless connector and looked at the sticky label there, no lot number on it. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      Out of curiousity, whats so bad about the PSP 3000?
      I remember reading about something odd about it, hardware fault or something but not sure what it was.
      While the system has the upgrades of the SLIM (additional memory and some piss) it has a shitty screen.

The screen is of really poor quality and a lot of media outlets have been picking on it for that. It's actually so bad that you can take a regular camera and take a snap of the interlacing. You shouldn't really be able to do that with a regular camera.

Sony also tried to pull a dirty trick in the firmware to make this less apparent. They basically added a routine that makes the firmware detect that you're on 3000 and then loads a different background wallpaper file for the wavy pattern thing. (The thing here is that this different wallpaper file has new color settings, not just to compensate for the shitty screen, but in actuality if compared side-by-side with an old PSP, it'll give the illusion of looking "better." It' s a pretty filthy trick and probably against the law in a quite a few countries )

Your best choice if grabbing a PSP is to snatch a cheap Slim. The old brick (1000) has the advantage of 1.50 kernel support, but that's not really too important unless you're into a lot of ancient homebrew that hasn't been updated. While the Slim has the additional memory and the TV out of the 3000, but also has the better screen of all 3 models. (1000 screen is rather blurry)

Comment

I would trade my PS3 away if it meant being reunited with my beloved Amiga 1200. That machine dicked over everything, and it still would today.
        See you in hell.

Comment

I dont really see why would anyone get a handheld unless they need it. I had a PSP, and it was one of the best purchases Ive made. Thats because of the 4 hour busdrives I had to take, for nearly 2 years. Entertainment, internet, good games too (Im a car game buff, plus there was Ace Combat).

People get a PSP just to get it, then get disappointed. Then say it sucks... Meh.

Comment

well i have some huge gripes with it, first off we can't rip our own PS1 games with a DRM protect to play on the PSP, 2 its finicky with the mp3s it plays (i cannot listen ot my dotor who audio dramas) 3rd there are barely and good RPg except disgaea and FF tactics, and 4th there are no good movie DLs on the PSP store for it.

maybe if they added more support for downloads i would love it but for now its a mediocre MP4 player

Comment

Working...
            X