Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Testaments: Coming soon... or I fail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand it just fine, what I'm saying is that things like premise or visual presentation shouldn't be such a factor in the entire experience of a game.
    Last edited by Nikovich; 12-08-2005, 01:18 AM.

Comment

So hows this going? An update on its progress would be nice.

Comment

Hah. Funny you mention it.

I aced the course, only getting up to the point where I had enemies spawn on the screen and play a short looping animation. You could attack them and they could attack you, but they didn't move in X or Y, and they didn't have any AI. I was going to try to give them an AI over the break, but didn't work on it at all. I started sending resumes out to gaming companies and I put together a portfolio with a mock trailer I made for the game.

It's an AVI which accounts for the large size, knocked down a bit with a cinepek compressor, which accounts for the glowly movement look in all the gradients. As a movie file, it would maintain a constant frame rate, and it wouldn’t have the typical flash problem of the audio and video falling out of synch.

I’d like to stress that this isn’t from the game. I don’t know how to make actual game footage. It’s all compiled using the game sprites and animation. This isn’t the real trailer so some of the things seen in it aren’t possible. Also, the length of some of those combos won’t be possible, as I linked combos at points in that movie if they looked alright together. I’m applying for a visual job, so they’re not going to say “Hey, you can’t do this in the game!” When I finish the demo and start making the full game, I’ll take it from real gameplay.

We've stored your file on our server and sent your recipient an email with instructions for retrieving it. The file will be available for 7 days or a limited number of downloads.

Sponsored link: Reliable Web Hosting
        HostRocket Web Hosting - Freedom From Bandwidth Limits!
        Your Ad Here

Here is a link for your reference:
        http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...C2C86RMJ559DKT

Comment

Wow, Im impressed. You did a good job on this. I really hope you have the desire to finish it and make it like this concept

I attempted to put your video into divx, however Im having some issues with the audio so I think its best not to go that route. If you do need it in a smaller filesize let me know, I can probably help out.

Comment

Working...
          X