Metal Gear Solid: Group Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid: Group Therapy

In quite possibly the most bizarre clip of 2009, the cast from Metal Gear Solid 4 improvises a scene in which they're "suffering from delusions of being the characters they portray in the game."

Voice actors David "Solid Snake" Hayter, Jennifer "Naomi Hunter" Hale, Paul "Colonel Roy Campbell" Eiding, Christopher "Otacon" Randolph, and Quinton "Raiden" Flynn do an off the cuff, fifteen minute session for Sadie's Gaming Infection, one that really must be seen to be believed.

Like most improv, it can be painfully awkward at times, surprisingly hilarious in others. There's lots of "Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAKE!!!" and "I love puppies" and even more general weirdness. Watch. Or Listen. Then try to figure it out.

In quite possibly the most bizarre clip of 2009, the cast from Metal Gear Solid 4 improvises a scene in which they're "suffering from delusions of being the characters they portray in the game."

I'm not a fan of UltraNeko but I am a fan of MGS...so I appreciated this. I don't know or care if anyone else will appreciate it, but I thought I'd share this with everyone. I lol'd a couple times...take from it what you will.

"Do you get along with puppies?"
    "As long as they live."
    I enjoyed it and got a good laugh out of some parts.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Who the heck is this girl and how the heck does she get these interviews?

Comment

Just watched it earlier today. Some parts were awkward, some weren't funny, and others were hilarious. I'd also like to know who this Sadie/UltraNeko is.

Comment

She's had some sort of gaming show on YouTube over the past couple years, and she's interviewed David Hayter before...but I don't know how the hell she managed to bring together almost the entire main voice cast of MGS4(outside of Patric Zimmerman, Khary Payton and Phil La Marr).

Comment

This is great!
            Freedom of Information.

Comment

Is this the annoying PIKACHU BREAD girl? >_>

Comment

Paul Eiding was the only good part of that, especially with that comment he made about the puppies. Everything else seemed painful, like it was coming from a group of voice actors who are desperately trying to find recognition and value in something that they're only known for. It's like Bill Clinton turning up and doing impressions of himself when he served in the U.S. presidency. If anyone dares make an inane remark about Monica Lewinsky, I'll commit a hate crime.

And that harlot they brought in as the assistant struck me as some kind of asinine fangirl who most likely has undeserving connections to the games industry. Someone mentioned "Pikachu Bread", and already that's giving me a very bad feeling in my gut about this woman.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                She's had some sort of gaming show on YouTube over the past couple years, and she's interviewed David Hayter before...but I don't know how the hell she managed to bring together almost the entire main voice cast of MGS4(outside of Patric Zimmerman, Khary Payton and Phil La Marr).
                Ugh. Fears confirmed. I cannot fathom YouTube "celebrities", they're for the most part infuriating pissweasels who unfortunately band together other idiots like them - which unfortunately on the internet there's a majority of - granting them an unnatural popularity. Case in point, Magibon. We need not worry though, Jim Piddock won't give her the time of day.
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-04-2009, 10:28 AM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Well, she had seperate interviews with all of them, I watched the one with Naomi's voice actor.
                  She is a fangirl of all of their works, really, she kept mentioning Samus, and how she'd like to hear her say some lines like a girl asking for a toy, or an old grandma with kids on her lawn.
                  It was funny is some places, others seemed randomly retarded. Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    Someone mentioned "Pikachu Bread", and already that's giving me a very bad feeling in my gut about this woman.
                    Yeah, the someone was ME, a whole post before youts
                    It was funny is some places, others seemed randomly retarded. Yeah.
                    Gradon's thoughts pretty much summed up mine, now that I got time to watch it =D

Comment

Just started playing Metal Gear Solid 4, I've never played Metal Gear before so have no idea what is going on with the story, It's all going way over my head and I dont know any of the characters. Bout 3 hours in just finished the part where you see some guy called Liquid. I really hope they give a little back story because I've no idea whats happening. Good game though lol.

Comment

^ Are you serious, dude? You'll still enjoy MGS4 as a game, but having not played the first 3 games, you won't enjoy it NEARLY as much as you would if you had.

Comment

I know I wish I'd played the others first. Who is the guy that always craps himself he's awesome.

Comment

If you have a backwards-compatible PS3 or a PS2, I suggest getting the MGS Essential Collection...$29.99(I think) for Metal Gear Solid(my favorite game of all time) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty(top 5 fav game) and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater(another top 5) all for that one low, low price. Stop playing MGS4, pick up the Essential Collection and play all 3...and then play MGS4. You'll enjoy MGS4 immeasurably more.

Comment

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                              I know I wish I'd played the others first. Who is the guy that always craps himself he's awesome.

ur thinking of Johnny Meryl (the red headed girl) calls him akiba
                              but johnny is one of my favorite characters from mgs gray fox being my #1 cuz
                              hes completely awesome

but anyways
                              i agree with chrisredfield29
                              its a good game all around even if u havnt played the last 3 (or 6 if u count metal gear, metal gear 2:solid snake and mgs: Portable ops)

Comment

Working...
                              X