Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock Tower - The Movie (2009)

Teaser Posters :

Based on Clock Tower 2 : The Struggle Within and possibly on Clock Tower 3. A new game in the survival-horror video game series, Clock Tower, may have not come out since 2003's Clock Tower 3 for PlayStation 2, but that hasn't stopped the franchise from being adapted into a horror film. Directed by Martin Weisz (The Hills Have Eyes II), the Clock Tower movie follows the story of a woman who must rely on the help of a psychiatrist she meets in a nut house to overcome an evil presence.

More about:
    IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Find ratings and reviews for the newest movie and TV shows. Get personalized recommendations, and learn where to watch across hundreds of streaming providers.

What do you think about this upcoming adaptation? Which poster do you like best?

Personally, I'm pretty happy that they are making this movie. I love the series, and CT2 is my favourite game in the series. It may not be scary as CT1 was but it's a good game, twisted plot but logical.I'm really looking forward for this movie adaptation. Can't to watch the trailer either. Also, Milla is rumoured to portray Alyssa (which would suck ass really) but as far as I know Britanny Snow will be Alyssa in the movie ^^. Crossed fingers to keep away Milla from this movie, she would ruin it.

As long as it doesn't tread close to the likes of dumb violence like Saw, or dumb action like Resident Evil, and of course, base itself on the actual game/s, I don't see how badly they could f*ck it.

Who am I kidding? It'll problably fail hard.

Comment

I don't think the movie will have anything to do with the Saw series, because CT is not based on that, and it's not even bloody. I hope they make a good adaptation like Silent Hill or Oneechanbara, which are great adaptations.

Comment

I can't see how this'll work, however, I'll look out for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
          I don't think the movie will have anything to do with the Saw series, because CT is not based on that, and it's not even bloody.
          The RE movies showed us they don't really care about the source material as much as, say, money. Also, those posters ring like Saw for me.

Comment

Well who said this movie will be like the RE crap movies? I'm convinced that they will look better and they will worth watching aswell. The teaser posters means nothing for me, the final product will be the answer. But I got your point, but I really hope they don't ruin CT series jst like they did with RE.

Comment

The original Clock Tower (yes, the one for the SNES) will always be one of my very favourite survival horror games, so I hope this pans out all right, which it most likely won't... The previous game to film adaptions have never worked (sure, Mortal Kombat was silly fun, but that's about it as far as I am concerned) since Hollywood tend to think gamers like dumb shit where the acting must be hammy, the blood must be excessive, the heavy metal turned up to full volume, and the story to be incohesive. Basically, there's nobody with a good track record in Hollywoodland that can take a video game seriously enough, and based on the previous adaptions as examples, who can blame them? Instead we have directors like Paul W. Anderson and Uwe Boll making these films for us. *sigh*
              Last edited by Henry Spencer; 01-31-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock it. View Post
                The RE movies showed us they don't really care about the source material as much as, say, money. Also, those posters ring like Saw for me.
                Sounds like Capcom and the RE series since 4.
                Last edited by Canas Renvall; 02-01-2009, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Sounds like Capcom and the RE series since 4.
                  HUR HUR YOU ARE SO FUNNY!

As for those posters, are they real? >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                    As for those posters, are they real? >_>
                    yep confirmed a while ago on bloody disgusting. i treust them with all my horror news.

im still waiting for bioshock casting news

Comment

Should be interesting. As long as it's not a Saw-clone (meaningless excessive violence), I'll take a look

Comment

Lol, why everybody compares this adaptation with Saw? Those are just teaser posters... just promoting stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                          HUR HUR YOU ARE SO FUNNY!
                          ...I saw no comedy in my statement, just fact...
                          Unless you're talking about RE4, then yes, it is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                          X