Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Square Enix now owners of Tomb Raider and more.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square Enix now owners of Tomb Raider and more.....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6204564...dlines;title;4

Now isn't that a shocker?

I mean, I was surprised as hell to read that this morning. This can be a good thing or bad thing, I'm leaning more towards good though. It kind of makes me more excited about what they could do with the TR franchise, although many fans are freaking out thinking that the game will become a Final Fantasy RPG. (WTH are they smoking?)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by atlier00; 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM.

I stopped caring about Tomb Raider a long time ago, but I wonder where the hell Square is getting the money for these kinds of acquisitions. Didn't they just come off their worst fiscal year ever? That's what happens when you release sub-par RPG's on one console, let alone a console that is dominated by shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      I stopped caring about Tomb Raider a long time ago, but I wonder where the hell Square is getting the money for these kinds of acquisitions. Didn't they just come off their worst fiscal year ever? That's what happens when you release sub-par RPG's on one console, let alone a console that is dominated by shooters.
      they use the money that microsoft payed them for exclusives to buy TR.

Comment

Originally posted by atlier00 View Post
        fans are freaking out thinking that the game will become a Final Fantasy RPG
        Final Fantasy XIII?

Comment

They haven't been bought yet

Comment

Am I the only one worried about Deus Ex 3? I can't stop thinking that they are going to f*ck it badly now. Even more than Invisible War, that is.

Comment

Greeaaat... Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld were a breath of fresh air... now we're going to have Lara leveling up boob sizes. @_@

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                Greeaaat... Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld were a breath of fresh air... now we're going to have Lara leveling up boob sizes. @_@
                You said it best.

The news to me: OH FUCK.

Comment

I don't know how to take this, I'm just neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock it. View Post
                    Am I the only one worried about Deus Ex 3? I can't stop thinking that they are going to f*ck it badly now. Even more than Invisible War, that is.
                    Yeah, seriously, fuck Lara Croft, I'm more worried about JC Denton!

Comment

my eyes aren't that bad are they?! square now owns tomb raider!!!! whaaaaaaaaa talk about screwing my brain up.

Comment

It won't change anything, Square Enix seem to want to expand into western markets more, so it makes sense they'd buy into a western developer on the cheap and expand via producing western themed IP's from there.

Comment

I don't want Squeenix touching Lara. They'll fuck her up. Same with Deus Ex 3, but DX has always been part-RPG anyway.

Comment

I seriously doubt they'll be much change in the way Eidos conduct business *Badly*, they'll just have to answer to new corporate masters after a huge company wide restructuring if this ever happened *which I can probably guess will not*.

Comment

Hello, they fired a lot of the TR team for some reason. There's gonna be big changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X