Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing a game in a single session

I just done AITD5 in about 5 or 6 hours. I loved every bit of it

Games that I can complete in one session are usually only Resi Evils, but this was a cool exception.

What games can you do in a single session?

(PS: I chose to let Carnby get possessed )

CastleVania II is easy to do in one sitting. I can't think of much else that I wouldn't do from start to finish except RE, RE survivor, an RE4.

I've always tried to do a speed run on Silent Hill..but usually end up taking a break after the green dragon.

Comment

i did code veronica in one sitting, 8 hours of losing my (censored) mind!

...i never want to play code veronica again!!!!!

Comment

I thought that you liked Code Veronica man.
        sigpic

Comment

I've never done a speed run*except in Dynasty Warriors* I get stuck too often...

Comment

i played the ps2 version, i liked the dreamcast version

Comment

ive finished metal gear solid 4 in one sitting,and World in Conflict's singleplayer campaign
              beyond those and Resident Evil's it takes me two-three sessions to beat entirely(took me 9 sessions to get 100% in GTAIV <.<,only 6 in GTA SA and five in GTA 3)

Comment

Back in the day we had no choice but to finish most games in one sitting, unless we kept the consoles on over night or something.

+Work has had me finish games in one sitting and also do competitive in office speed runs of a lot of games.

Comment

Most of the DMC series i've done in one sitting, usually I prefer to pace games out but i've done some speed runs before for fun.

Although I did do the no memory card FFVII quest for kicks which was pretty fun, took about 32 hours though.

Comment

In my younger days I did a few:

The first time I played Overblood I clocked it up in one run.

Metal Gear Solid - Lots of single sessions. I did a marathon session one night going through basic, normal, hard then extreme (or whatever the difficulties were).

Final Fantasy VII.. not really a single run session but close enough for me (if you don't count sleep and runs to the local doner kebab shop). It was a perfect quest run so I did everything including mastering every materia three times - took around 50 hours or so spread over 4 days. I was racing my cousin and I managed to gain the advantage when he slipped up at Junon on disc 2 when the Turks and that robot messed him up (or something like that). Chocobo racing was a nightmare! We were in there for hours trying to get the right items. Also did all the arcade games, including 3D fighter (some luck needed) and nearly perfect score on the snowboard game.

Also of course all the Resi games. Excluding CV, I love the game but never finished it in one run for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      Most of the DMC series i've done in one sitting, usually I prefer to pace games out but i've done some speed runs before for fun.

Although I did do the no memory card FFVII quest for kicks which was pretty fun, took about 32 hours though.
                      no memory card? O_O
                      Last edited by riderkid; 03-15-2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

It's pretty easy without a memory card - just make sure your strategy for defeating Ruby Weapon is in order, he can kill you quite easily.

Comment

the (late) Kao Megura One man strategy in his excellent walkthrough works great for the two hidden Weapons in VII great

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                            the (late) Kao Megura One man strategy in his excellent walkthrough works great for the two hidden Weapons in VII great
                            Yup Kao was a great guy, he not only got me into writing FAQs but also into exploring games more in-depth. His FAQ/Walkthrough for the original Japanese version amazed me, he had everything translations, all the hacked items, debug menu etc... Though I think they took that version down when he updated his FAQs for the final time.

I finished my last FAQ in memory of Kao its the FF7 International hidden items FAQ:

Comment

Back when I was 10, I got up one Saturday morn at 7am and completed RE2 in about 3 hours then had breakfast with the family at 10am.

Comment

Working...
                              X