PS2 is now $99.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 is now $99.99

“PlayStation 2 set the industry standard for worldwide mass market adoption and is a clear embodiment of our commitment to platforms that deliver 10-year product lifecycles. It's a tribute to outstanding technology, great consumer value and unprecedented development support that we've now been able to do twice what no one else has ever accomplished,” said Jack Tretton, president and CEO, SCEA. “Demand for PlayStation 2 remains strong throughout the world, and the new $99 price point will bring in new consumers who will discover how PlayStation platforms are an outstanding choice for their gaming and home entertainment needs. Just as PlayStation 2 is delivering on a 10-year lifecycle and helped expand and solidify the DVD format for home entertainment along the way, we believe PLAYSTATION®3 offers the same promise by helping secure the Blu-ray format and delivering unprecedented value as the total home entertainment solution for the next decade.”
    It's also now €99.99, great news for those that for some reason never picked up a PS2. I wonder if there will be a drop in Japan, i want a jap system to play outbreak maybe now will be the time to get one

yay

have they started selling the newer slim lines with the internal power supply in the US and EU yet ?

Comment

I think they are available in the us but i cant find much info on them. The model number is 9000 if you want to look

Comment

Gotta love Gregg Miller lmao!

Comment

I'll re-buy one when it hit's 50 bucks lol.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

damn, i just had to buy another PS2 about 2 months ago when after about 7 years i got a DRE, if only my PS2 had waited 2 more months before breaking, i had to pay $200 for it.

but if it breaks in 7 years time, hopefully i can get it for real cheap, and in seven years sony will probably be still selling PS2's lol.

Comment

I had to search on ebay to get an older model PS2 for the hard drive bay. Playing Outbreak without a hard drive is no way to play Outbreak... Wish those PS2 units were still in production...

Comment

I've noticed Currys here in the UK are selling brand new PS2 slims for £49.99(about $75), was looking at them the other day. Bargain. PS2 games are just so cheap now... I picked up a brand new copy of Yakuza 2 for £4.98 at Christmas, and it had only been out a matter of weeks. Likewise for Mercenaries 2 Even though i have a PS3 and 360 i still play my PS2 just as much. Picked up Persona 4 for it just last week. Still see a few ppl playing PS2 games online too.

Comment

I have two PS2, one of the older models that doesn't even have a sensor for the remote and the slimline one so I think I'm good. I wish my PS3 was backword compatable but think I would probably never use it.

Comment

Not a bad price. Still surprised that the PS2 is still popular. GO PS2!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X