Achievments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievments

Last edited by rewak; 04-02-2009, 01:21 PM.

Um... what?

Comment

You click the link, watch an internet cartoon making fun of achievements, and if you have a sense of humor you laugh, then you go do something else.

Comment

"Achievement" is probably the most ironic word they could have used for such a thing....

Comment

Last edited by A-J; 04-14-2009, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
            You click the link, watch an internet cartoon making fun of achievements, and if you have a sense of humor you laugh, then you go do something else.
            Oh okay, thanks for explaining it to me. Where would I be without your useless comments, Rewak?

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              I love lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                Oh okay, thanks for explaining it to me. Where would I be without your useless comments, Rewak?
                Where would we be without your useless existence? Heck, I'd have nothing to laugh at if it weren't for you! Thank you.

To keep with the topic, how many of you think that achievements have ruined gameplay today as we know it? Do you think people are willing to forgo fun in order to get some extra points.

Simiarly, do you think trophies have the same effect?

Comment

Gamerscore has done one thing for video games, and that is increased replay value.

There are some games you'd only touch once, however, because of achievements, they are replayed to unlock the acheivements you missed. If you have fun while unlocking them, then all the better for you. As a completionist, I try to complete games at 100% because it allows me to move on since I hate to leave games unfinished, especially when I really enjoy playing it.

Although, I agree some acheivements aren't really acheivements, but rather freebies, some can be down-right retarded-hard, like a couple in the XBLA game, "Marathon".

Comment

I generally don't mind them, but I do know people who play games they fucking despise just for achievements, and that to me is ridiculous, to waste time on something you clearly don't like or worst, not even enjoying just for a blip and some mindless gamer points, it wouldn't be so bad if you could actually spend them on something, but hey this is turning into a similar style single block paragraph rant so i'll stop now.
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X