trouble runnning dosbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble runnning dosbox

im having trouble understanding how to run dosbox. i just got X wing cd rom today and i tohught i could run it on my PC. i cannot. can someone help me?

while we're at it, has anyone here had any success running DosBox on the PSP ? i've got a psp version but i can't figure out how to get it to work. Wouldn't mind playing Cobra Mission on the go.

Comment

Should be some simple configuration front ends.

I don't remember exactly how the mount feature works (for distinguishing between a HDD and an optical drive), but I seem to recall it being /mount *folder path you're mounting* *drive letter you want to mount it as +evt. folder*

Something like:

/mount cgames\xwing cxwing
      (Which should mount games\xwing as a folder called xwing on a fictional C: drive)

Searching the readme for "mount" should probably find you the exact lines for how to use it. If you've got some old games off of steam that runs on dosbox, you can probably browse to their folders and check the config file for dosbox and see how they've done things there (unless it uses some other way of launching the games through dosbox).

Comment

Ah, DOSBOX. Brilliant program.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Never heard of it, what does it do exactly?

Comment

lets you run old dos based games on your modern PC's.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              while we're at it, has anyone here had any success running DosBox on the PSP ? i've got a psp version but i can't figure out how to get it to work. Wouldn't mind playing Cobra Mission on the go.
              I've got it working on the slim, just split the folders so one folder called dosbox (inside has folders doscore,games, and windows 3.1) this folder goes in the root of the memory stick. The second dosbox folder (contains the eboot and prx's) goes under root/PSP/GAME.

Any games or apps go in the root folder, also I don't think doscore came with crazy c's version but is a GUI pre-windows and is compatible on PSP.

Runs the games pretty slow 15fps at it's worst, but the control scheme is what'll piss anyone off.
              Last edited by Harry Mason; 04-11-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X