P.N.03 Debug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.N.03 Debug

It has a Debug config.txt like the re4 trials does anybody know how to access it? do all CAPCOM games have this?

[BRIGHTNESS] 64
    [STAGE] 0x00
    [ROOM] 0x00
    [BGM] ON
    [SE] ON
    [SCENARIO] ON
    [SCE_HIT_VIEW] ON
    [PROCESS_BAR] ON
    [DBG_HIT_WAKU] OFF
    [TITLE_CUT] OFF
    [PRINT_PAGE] 1
    [VIBRATION] ON
    [NO_ENEMY] OFF
    [HD_CARD] OFF
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

No takers? I've had look through the disc and it contains loads of leftover E3 files from the version that was shown at E3 2003.
    http://www.unseen64.net"Originally, during the planning stages, P.N.03 was a wargame known simply as Robot war game. Five days after starting development, gr...

I'm pretty sure the two leftover WEP02.DAT & WEP03.DAT in the EM folder are the unused guns that never made it into the game.
    Also when I went through the main game .dol to my surprise it says "end of biohazard 4"
    I'm guessing the dodge features seen in Resident Evil 4 - Custom Beta Clips where re-used for P.N.03?
    I bet all the CAPCOM five game share unused assets and interchangeable files
    * P.N.03
    * Killer7
    * Dead Phoenix
    * Resident Evil 4
    * Viewtiful Joe
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-26-2009, 06:21 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed P.N03, but if you don't mind my asking ,why do you need to hack the game?

Comment

It is one of those titles I haven't got time to play. Such a shame
        Sevket's Game Collection
        PSN Gamercards

Comment

I'd like to hear Dot's take on this, I'm sure he could elaborate somehow. That biohazard4 reference is very interesting too.

Comment

Well I've always wondered what these flags where for in hacked trial edition of re4
            did someone hexedit / rename the [E3_VER] flag because the hacked version doesn't have this flag yet the debug is still activated by some other flag or the main game dol was hexedited to always be have this flag off.

[D5C] ON = Reference to Dot50Cal does what?
            [MG] ON = Reference to MarkGrass does what?
            Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-28-2009, 06:48 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
              I bet all the CAPCOM five game share unused assets and interchangeable files
              * Killer7

Never played P.N.03, but Killer7 was a game i followed very closely, and it went through multiple revisions so i've never understood why someone hasn't tried to take a look inside the finished game to see if there's anything left, cause i'd bet money that something would be there.

Comment

I looked into this for WIP version of the game I have, and the main exe didn't have any debug calls. I think I had Megan take a look at it too and she confirmed it. I very much doubt the final game has it, but its possible.

Comment

Working...
                X