World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft

I started playing this a week ago and it's really fun and I've been playing it a lot for the past week. Does anyone else here play it, and if so, what's your character ID, race, class and level?

I played the free trial of WoW a year or so ago. I just couldn't really get into it. It could have been because I was just coming off of playing City of Heroes for 2 years and identified more with the superhero genre.

Comment

No, sorry, I don't play it, I just came here to tell you and anyone else: beware the dark powers this game has on peoples lifes. It turnes most of the players into pathetic zombies, all they talk about is WoW this WoW that (almost like RE, hehe). I have it but left it for ever when the "WoW wave" came to my city, I was really frightened... I thought I was going to be killed for not playing the religion... game!. Naaa, I'm just kiding.... but I hate the game, with no reason (except what I've just sead), the game is fantastic, all does items, creatures, places it was nostalgic (I love Warcraft III)

Comment

I played it at my friend's house. I didn't like it. I couldn't really get into it. I think I will stick with Horror games....

Comment

WOW addiction is something I really don't think exists. Is it possible to get addicted to it, or are there just people out there who take it far too seriously? My assumption is the latter, because I own the game but haven't played for around four months now. I don't miss it in the slightest, either - So it really is circumstantial I suppose. It's just a fun, enjoyable and escapist online game which some people seem to treat like a second life. It always makes me laugh to go into the big cities and see the level 80 characters stood around, wearing their best armour and riding their best mount as if the game is some kind of dick comparing contest. What gives? That really isn't impressive...

I've owned the game since February last year and my character (A Human Rogue) is still only level 56. I play it for the same reason i'd play any RPG, exploring and traversing beautiful terrain in what feels like a real and expansive world. It is not addictive in the slightest. If anything, it gets boring after a while because there's only so much you can do which doesn't involve grinding/questing, and that is a side of the game that I really detest and try to stay away from.
          Might reinstall and play soon, it's been a while.

Comment

I thought about playing it once, but heard it was terribly addictive and i get into things quite easily, so i stayed away from it. in fact i decided to get into survival horror instead if i remember correctly.

Comment

European version:

Name: Ásmundr
              Lv: 75
              Faction: Alliance
              Race: Human
              Class: Paladin (DPS)
              Server: Bladefist

Alternate Character *For auctioning as im Northrend at the moment so I use him to send me stuff and vice versa to sell for gold*

Ásbjorn
              Night Elf Druid Lv 11

Only had the game for about a month and a half, the suscription runs out tomorrow, not too sure if i'll be renewing though or swapping servers as Bladefist is pretty low on population, and predominantly infested with Horde.
              Last edited by The Dude; 04-28-2009, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Good to hear that you'll be getting that catheter fitted soon. You'll need it.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post
                  WOW addiction is something I really don't think exists.
                  Well, it does. You can be biologically addicted to something (IE. Your body doesn't function without it, since it's so used to receiving it) or you can simply be psychologically addicted to something (IE. You associate feelings of joy/mania with the stimulus, and thus seek out to expose yourself to more of it).

It's very possible to get addicted to almost anything. A video game, in particulary WOW, is very possible to do so.

Comment

Yep he is right. Addiction is a powerful thing and its really hard to break it. If you don't believe me then check this out!!

Marvin Fong/The Plain Dealer Mark Petric, who is a minister, cries during testimony in the trial of his son Daniel. Previous post: Pastor's son charged in mother's murder, father's shooting ELYRIA — Daniel Petric shot his parents -- killing his...

What a freakin idiot!! His world must be really small...

Comment

got my lv.80 warlock...he's a beast, cleared 10man Naxx last night

BTW I roll horde you alliance nubs!!
                      Last edited by Daargoth; 04-28-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X