No announcement yet.

Capcom Unity's Twitter Promises 2 big E3 announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would even settle for a RE4/5 reinvisioning of RE2. But a true REmake 2 would make me happy in the pants.

Comment

I'm gonna have to say a new Mega Man title. TGS is too far off for it.

Star Force 3 was the latest Mega Man game, and it came out in Japan in November and about to be released in the US shortly after E3.

The previous Mega Man games prior to the Japanese Star Force 3 release were Mega Man 9 (September 2008) and Star Force 2 (June 2008).

Inafune has obviously been busy with Dead Rising 2, but seeing that it's now obviously not too far off... he might be putting his fingers in something else... it's a known fact that he's several times (jokishly?) said that MT-Framework was built with Mega Man Legends 3 in mind.
      So there's always a possibility there.

Then there's Inti-Creates, who's gotta be up to something. Mega Man 9 was their latest effort and Zero and ZX series were their previous Mega Man efforts... chances are that they are certainly up to something too, I suppose. Maybe a new retro DLC title? Or maybe a new ZX title?

Anyway, my money's on Strider and Mega Man.

Mega Man not being revealed yet 'cause it's one of Capcom's most awesome IPs.
      Strider not being revealed yet 'cause Strider isn't really that dear and great and it could need all the speculative hype in the world before getting revealed. (And there's been just too many Strider rumors)

Comment

Come on, new Captain Commando game!
        See you in hell.

Comment

Resident Evil Outbreak 3.
          Street Fighter Wii.

Just kidding, not gonna happen.

I don't think RE2make is possible. Not having Darkside Chronicles, so it would really surprise me.

But for sure is gonna be one wii game and the other multiplatform.

I'm gonna agree with ChrisRedfield29 on this, two new IPs.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

The speculation regarding Stryder has been of a HD remake, would that (or a Final Fight HD) really big announcements? I wouldn't mind either, especially if they're given the Bionic Commando: Rearmed treatment, but i wouldn't call them big announcements.

Like my last comment, i'm gonna hope for an RE: PSP. If there's a PSP2 on the horizon, and Sony offer developers assurances about any future piracy (DRM-rigged digital distro only perhaps?) then i think we could see some progress on that front.

Comment

1 Outbreak File 4 5 6 7 8
              2 Outbreak File 3

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                The speculation regarding Stryder has been of a HD remake, would that (or a Final Fight HD) really big announcements? I wouldn't mind either, especially if they're given the Bionic Commando: Rearmed treatment, but i wouldn't call them big announcements.
                If it's true (that Strider or something like Final Fight's coming back), it's probably a "big" announcement as it's another classic franchise revival. Which may very well be given the full treatment of Bionic Commando;

Remember that Rearmed was announced after the new Bionic Commando was announced. And both of them were a pretty big deal when announced.

Of course, it'd be an even bigger bomb of awesome if there's suddenly something like "Buena Vista Games (Disney) and Capcom are still in bed with eachother" and we suddenly get some insane shit like what you see with TMNT there (Which is probably another Konami/Ubisoft+License effort)

Getting something like Capcom's Duck Tales or Chip 'n' Dale - Rescue Rangers back or something would make me scream like a teenage girl watching a pop idol at a concert.

(What was the most recent Disney/Capcom project? Oogie's Revenge?)

Comment

Working...
                X