Fallout 3: Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3: Help

Though it is my current gaming obsession, I realise the fact that damn, it's a bugged game. I thought people could use a forum where they can ask any questions and get help on any buggy or difficult obstacles they are encountering.

And of course, no spoilers please if you can help (tag em'!) Playing on PS3 means I don't have the expansions and must wait. ^^

I'll start off with this one: if for example, Defender Casdin randomly hurtles out of the sky and hits the ground dead in front of you (this has happened to me, and boy did I scream) does this severely mess up my chances of doing any quests other than the unnamed one where you scavenge technology for him? (Including in any of the expansions)

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
    I'll start off with this one: if for example, Defender Casdin randomly hurtles out of the sky and hits the ground dead in front of you (this has happened to me, and boy did I scream) does this severely mess up my chances of doing any quests other than the unnamed one where you scavenge technology for him? (Including in any of the expansions)
    I asked my Fallout 3 obsessed brother about this, he said...

"No not to my knowledge all though I don't have the the expansion packs I'm most likely sure he's not in them. Yes you wont be able to bring tech to him, but that's all. If your really worried about it just reload it, you should save often BTW in case stuff like this happens. I'm 99% sure he's not in the expansion packs, the only one he could possibly be in is Broken Steel. No this does not mess up the normal game in any way and Ive completely finished the main game and all the side quests."

Comment

Aw, thanks. That was helpful. (Aside from the save often part. Duh, with a game that buggy. I can't reload it, I'm afraid, because how was I to know the man would suddenly just die? There wasn't anything I could do.) I'm glad to hear that apparently Casdin isn't THAT important.

Comment

Love this game, one of my top 5 RPGs of all time. Shame about bugs though.
        Last edited by nemesis_lover; 07-08-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

The bugs almost ruined it for me, so I learned to save often. Auto-save has saved my ass so many times, lol. This was a nice RPG. Took about 300 hours of my life but I've completed every quest I can find; even in the DLC's so I can finally get another game from GameFly

Comment

Fallout 3 is not a good fucking RPG, its an RPG-lite FPS.
            Last edited by Richard Aiken; 07-08-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I thought it was pretty boring for the most part. Dreary with no chance of happiness.

Good game? Yep, but the main quest was way too short while everything else was way too long.

Comment

It's all a matter of personal preference because it does give you a chance to play it the way you want to. I do admire how they've apparently tackled some of the issues with the main storyline with Broken Steel. At least it means they've listened to criticism.

Comment

the first 2 were classics, 3 is a great addition imo considering its not black isle that made it, yet everyone says people play it because of oblivion i play it because its fallout.

Comment

Hey, Fallout: New Vegas looks like it's pretty much Black Isle's Revenge. I bow to Bethesda just for that. Although I'm still annoyed about the ending and the lack of expansion for PS3...it's supposed to be this month but...

And I like to think that the bugs are part of a long and proud Fallout tradition. Anyone who played Fallout 2 out the box without a patch will know what I mean by that.

Comment

^ qft bugs were what made fallout fallout in the days, a fallout game without bugs would be very damn scary new vegas i'm looking forward too.

Comment

Originally posted by DXP View Post
                        the first 2 were classics, 3 is a great addition imo considering its not black isle that made it, yet everyone says people play it because of oblivion i play it because its fallout.
                        Black Isle only made the second one, which alot of the "hardcore" fallout fans had problems with.

I can't wait to see what Bethesda will kill next.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                          The bugs almost ruined it for me, so I learned to save often. Auto-save has saved my ass so many times, lol. This was a nice RPG. Took about 300 hours of my life but I've completed every quest I can find; even in the DLC's so I can finally get another game from GameFly
                          Holy shit!

Im a rat myself, I try to grind through all available aspects of the game, but how is it possible to do that in Fallout? The main quests are loose from the sidequests and theres no incentive to play it after you finish the main game. Its firefights are boring and everything about it just doesnt seem to have any purpose to it.

Comment

while we're on fallout, here's another similar question from a friend of mine
                            Ok so i got those supplies that Moira needed and also dealt with silver. Now whenever i go to Moriarty`s saloon, he isn`t there. Also Craterside supply is locked the entire time. In this way two of my quests remain incomplete.

Anyone know the solution of this? I heard it`s a bug but isn`t there any way to fix it??
                            Last edited by A-J; 07-09-2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah, he goes walkies in the Wasteland. Hack his computer if you can't find him, or if he's playing the PC version he can use a code to bring him back. Check out this http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Colin_..._and_solutions for the issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X