No announcement yet.

Dead Space, truly epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Damn I'm gonna have to get that lol. As promised, here's the pics of the Isaac figure (bloody varient).

Spoiler:
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Wow! that's cool, how much was it?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
        I can't understand how anyone could consider Dead Space "truly epic".
        I'm still trying to figure out how you thought RE4 was a scarier game than Dead Space...

As you said, to each their own.

Comment

Let me put it this way; the advertisements for Dead Space were creepier than the actual game.

Maybe I just expected too much?
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
            Let me put it this way; the advertisements for Dead Space were creepier than the actual game.

Maybe I just expected too much?
            It's possible. As you said, to each their own. I never saw any advertisements for Dead Space. Were they TV commercials or magazine ads?

I only played Dead Space a few months ago after knowing little to nothing about it. I read an IGN review before purchasing it, and I was skeptical about the fear and trepidation promised. But it did follow through on the promise for me. Of course I stayed up late into the night, with the lights out, and no "bro party" in site. Who the hell would play a survival horror game any other way?

Opinions are different, but I stand by my belief that Dead Space, while not as fun, is far more a survival horror game than RE4 or RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
              Wow! that's cool, how much was it?
              I think it was like 12-13 bucks, got it at FYE.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                I never saw any advertisements for Dead Space. Were they TV commercials or magazine ads?
                I seen commercials for them on tv,spike tv replayed it over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                  Dead Space is a perfect example of a game that does everything right and has people puring their hearts and souls into it to deliver the most coherent and realistic (in that particular games terms) experience of horror and science fiction, yet somehow (and I have no clue why), its extremely difficult for a lot of people to start playing it and finish it, because theres something off gameplay wise. It is a brilliant game, and it really is a true horror title (I have no clue how people can say they werent scared "at all"), but that little something between the gears, it screws it up. Which is why complete and utter garbage, which main goal is to shoot shit up as fast and as much as possible, prevail... Gears, new RE, a lot of SP mainstream FPS titles (whether or not MP segment is good)...
                  I thinkts it might be a combination of the slightly clunky controls and the fact that when you are about halfway through it begins to get a bit repetitive with you having to go around and fix certain things and then backtrack etc.

EDIT: Also ive never played Cold Fear lol ive always wanted to but i was told it wasnt a very good game.
                  Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 09-09-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X