X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINAL FIGHT 4
    sigpic

Comment

After the rapeage that was FF: Streetwise I think Capcom would think twice on that one.

Comment

If it's gonna"blow" people's minds, it probably has to be a title that people remember... or... it could be another "Rearmed" treatment to some game (but, ugh, please don't be Strider. People will cry a little inside when they realize Strider is nothing but a cool character post-redesign and that the game itself is not even just "meh" on Capcom's list of retro titles, but actually pretty meh as far as arcade platformers/hack 'n slash games go)

In a perfect world, we'd have more Maximo, Legends, Outbreak and a Dino Crisis 1 remake by now (and maybe some of that zombie t-rex stuff I like to dream about. Biohazard: Dino Crisis!)

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        After the rapeage that was FF: Streetwise I think Capcom would think twice on that one.
        To this day, I have yet to play Streetwise. Think I'm just subconsciously ignore it as I never cared much for Final Fight in the first place. But the hilarious thing is that I've several times found myself digging out Golden Axe: Beast Rider (made by Secret Level, the studio that did the Xbox port of Streetwise), and I cry a little inside over all the negative criticism that game got. Going from The Force Unleashed's broken "Star Wars Kid" simulation to playing Golden Axe feels like night and day. Sure, Golden Axe's "on foot" fighting system can get a bit repetitive in the long run (but far from as repetitive as its original counterpart), but it's all so tight and perfected (+we love decapitations and gore. Those things next gen has almost entirely taken away from us, after games like Turok 2: Seeds of Evil showed us how to do it with style).

And to think The Force Unleashed not only got better reviews, but also sold millions

Comment

FF: Streetwise was pretty god awful, but then again, thats what happens when you change the genre, and try and forcefeed a story into a game which was pretty much a shallow but awesome beat em up.

______

Looking at the catalogue of games they could make sequels for, and with RE5 coming out recently, I can only imagine they'd pull off a sequel for one of the more recent *so its still relevant* franchises like Onimusha.

I really think the magic of Bionic Commando: Rearmed and its general success was a one off, the sequel and from what I can gather its generally poor sales if anything should deter Capcom from making a next gen sequel to one of its older game.

I'd wager Onimusha would work as a next gen sequel however.

Comment

Zombie boot camp.

I hate teasers. So this is the perfect distraction.

Comment

^ I step on that a couple of days ago, I lol at that so hard ><

Comment

Yay, another countdown to an announcement.

What happened to announcements being spontaneous?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  Looking at the catalogue of games they could make sequels for, and with RE5 coming out recently, I can only imagine they'd pull off a sequel for one of the more recent *so its still relevant* franchises like Onimusha.
                  Considering Capcom's current position towards games that did not sell (e.g. any Clover title), I kind of doubt they'd be looking to make another Onimusha after how spectacularly both Onimusha 3 and Dawn of Dreams bombed.

Comment

o.O

Onimusha 3 didn't bomb. It just didn't sell as well as the first two. It still sold more than 560,000 units in Japan in 2004 and was Capcom's best selling title that year. To be exact actually it was their best selling title in Japan since Onimusha 2's mammoth million+ in 2002.

The only games Capcom gets past the 1 million units for a single release on a single platform these days is Monster Hunter games on PSP in Japan. I don't know if I should be saddened by that, but I just don't think we'll be seeing a million plus sales in any location for a Capcom console game for quite some time, if ever again. Capcom's been very conservative on sales numbers in recent years... if they get more than 500,000 sales in Japan alone these days they seem exceptionally happy about it. RE4's numbers were revised again and again before release, and 5's were set at such a low point the actual sales smashed them...

But... well... Dawn of Dreams though.... well... yeah, I can't disagree with that...
                    Last edited by Rombie; 08-05-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                      o.O

Onimusha 3 didn't bomb. It just didn't sell as well as the first two. It still sold more than 560,000 units in Japan in 2004 and was Capcom's best selling title that year. To be exact actually it was their best selling title in Japan since Onimusha 2's mammoth million+ in 2002.
                      I thought it sold horribly in America, though? I remember it dropping in price fairly quickly. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

But still, with Capcom's focus on the Western market these days, I'm not sure a title that did better in Japan would be at the top of their list for a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                        ^ I step on that a couple of days ago, I lol at that so hard ><
                        One of the many reasons I love Japan.

I'd go to that camp. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          I thought it sold horribly in America, though? I remember it dropping in price fairly quickly. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

But still, with Capcom's focus on the Western market these days, I'm not sure a title that did better in Japan would be at the top of their list for a sequel.
                          US sales were the worst of the three original titles, yes, but thanks to the worldwide sales overall it was still Capcom's biggest seller of 2004. I think it only managed about 350,000 at best IIRC compared to higher sales of the first two. In any case I don't see it being another Onimusha game after DOD.

I expect Capcom to focus on something they believe they can sell more of in the West as well, but also wont go down horribly in Japan either. But then again thats not about making or chosing a title thats Western specific, but making something "Westernised" but that still can appeal or be modified enough in Japan to be fine... so this still doesn't narrow things a lot.
                          Last edited by Rombie; 08-06-2009, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                            US sales were the worst of the three original titles, yes, but thanks to the worldwide sales overall it was still Capcom's biggest seller of 2004. I think it only managed about 350,000 at best IIRC compared to higher sales of the first two.
                            Huh, live and learn. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Hoping for:

Dino Crisis
                              MvC3
                              Resident Evil 6
                              Megaman 10
                              Outbreak

Comment

Working...
                              X