Too much of a good thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much of a good thing.

Is anyone else a little mad about how many great games that are going to be released this year and the beginning of next year. I know it's not really something to complain about, but it really looks like too much of a good thing. I'm talking about Xbox 360, but I'm sure other systems are looking at a big year. I know they do market research and try and release big games spaced out so the games don't compete with each other, but look...

Halo ODST (I hate halo games, but this one looks like it won't play like halo)
    Operation Flashpoint (I'm beyond impressed with the scale)
    Mass Effect 2 (Mass Effect 1 was just awesome)
    COD MW 2 (block buster)
    Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D 1 has such high ratings and reviews)
    Dead Rising 2 (Come on, we all loved the first)
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (great game, great franchise)

And a few smaller games, but ones that I really want

ArmA II (looks like a great/realistic shooter)
    Postal 3 (most fun you can have legally)
    Lego Harry Potter ('casue I'm a nerd like that)
    GTA4 Episodes from Liberty City (I still haven't played the DLC and this will have both)

7 big games, and 4 smaller games, and I'm pretty much beyond broke. I'll have to choose 1 or 2 of these, and wait for the rest to come down in prices, but these games are so well made and awesome, so it's going to be tough to pick which ones.

Anyone else in my boat?

Add Bioshock 2 in there and remove some of the bigger games and I'm in your situation.

Comment

I don't know why you think this. Just think, after those games there are going to be even more.

And I agree with Wolf. Bioshock 2 is my MOST anticipated game coming up, the others like Halo, Mass Effect, and COD, I could really care less about.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
        I don't know why you think this. Just think, after those games there are going to be even more.

And I agree with Wolf. Bioshock 2 is my MOST anticipated game coming up, the others like Halo, Mass Effect, and COD, I could really care less about.
        Yeah, I forgot Bioshock 2 was so soon, I thought it got pushed back again. And there are more, like Guitar Hero and it's copy-cats, as well as a lot more I haven't been following.

It's just all these games are coming out in a 5 month period. And most of the games I mentioned are FPS that play the same, and would compete for each other's business.

Comment

MW2 is the only one on that list I'm interested in.

Now, Starcraft 2 on the other hand...
          sigpic

Comment

its actually not as bad for me seeign as im reserving most of my stuff in advance
            i have

HALO ODST and kingdom hearts (sept)
            PSP go and silent hill (oct)
            MW2 and REDC (nov)
            and in there im getting disgaea 2 for my PSP

its all about budgeting. thats how 've gotten through release terrors

Comment

Also batman a.a, FIFA 10 :p, splinter cell convition, resident evil dark side chronicles, and a few more are out there just in time for Xmas I hope.
              Last edited by nemesis_lover; 08-07-2009, 08:21 AM.

Comment

For me it's:

Dead Space Extraction
                Darkside Chronicles
                Dead Rising 2
                Lost Planet 2
                Alien Vs Predator
                Bioshock 2
                Left 4 Dead 2
                Metroid: Other M

There may be a few more I'm missing but that's pretty much what I'm looking forward to. Most are coming Q1 of next year so I better hope I have some money saved up by then...

Comment

Uhh, Uncharted 2, anyone?

Life's all about making choices. For me, it's:
                  August: Madden NFL 10 - PS3/360(haven't decided yet)
                  September: NHL 10 - PS3/360(haven't decided yet)
                  October: Uncharted 2 - PS3
                  November: Modern Warfare 2 - PS3, Left 4 Dead 2 - 360.

I played COD4 on PS3 and thus have more COD friends there, plus, I wanna devote as much time to L4D2 as possible...so, whenever I'm playing my 360 this fall/winter, I'll most likely be playing L4D2.

Comment

I really only interested in splinter cell convition, DSC and L4D2. I'm still working on GTAIV and haven't even started Dead Space. I have been going away a lot that I haven't had time to play as much but have enough games for all of September and October to keep me busy.

Comment

Uncharted 2 - GOTY09, must have game
                      Batman: Arkham Asylum - this year best suprise
                      Spoiler:

Comment

When the heck is final fantasy 13 coming out? Now that's a game I've been wanting to have for at least two years now.

Comment

this is stupid, why are you mad about good games coming out? if you are saying that thay are being released all together, then what does it matter????!!! they woun't disapear!! you can buy them later! it really gets to my nerves when people complaine about stupid thing (sorry Beef jerky yo, but it's the truth... didn't want to offend you)

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis_lover View Post
                            When the heck is final fantasy 13 coming out? Now that's a game I've been wanting to have for at least two years now.
                            Oh crap, forgot that one... As far as I know, I think its coming out Q1 of next year... But I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed...

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
                              this is stupid, why are you mad about good games coming out? if you are saying that thay are being released all together, then what does it matter????!!! they woun't disapear!! you can buy them later! it really gets to my nerves when people complaine about stupid thing (sorry Beef jerky yo, but it's the truth... didn't want to offend you)
                              I know it's stupid, but I also wanted to point out that most of these games are the same, and are going to be competing for each others sales. I'm excited about this year, but it just seems counter productive to release such big games so close to one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X