No announcement yet.

Just Starting DMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMC1 is still my favorite in the series. It has the best weapons, the best enemies (DMC3's enemies are horrendous, what with 8 different Hells and the Chess set), and my favorite music (it has a "rock flair" but nothing like later games). I did like DMC3 bosses much more though, aside from a certain black knight.

DMC2 is a mixed bag, I didn't hate it absolutely, but I only encountered an actual challenge on Hard and above. So if you play DMC2, start on hard.

Comment

Here's my opinion. Play the first one, then play the second one and take that as a warning not to go any further. If the thirds mind numbing repetitive game play and weak plot don't kill you, Dante's attitude and shitty one liners will.

Comment

And people hate on Leon's one-liners. Dante is the Fail King of One-Liners.

Comment

Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
          Hah, I know where this is coming from... I guess people will let it slide, considering you think DMC2 Dantes appearance is superior to others.

-

DMC is a fun series, however its story and character design/developmen (if the latter actually exists) is disjointed between games. Theres nothing similar between any characters in different games if they appear in more than one. Even Trish is different, and she has what, 5 minutes in DMC4 total?

I remember when I first played DMC1, in 2002 or 2003 and I loved the serious character with some good sarcasm thrown in. Back then I didnt know any games with top of the line dialogue and voice acting (like MGS) so as a comparison to other games which were neither badass nor sarcastic, DMC was like like a fresh breeze. I played a little of DMC2 after that, but I was immediately put off and never tried it again, that game is the Survivor of DMC. And then we get to DMC3, which had immensely fun gameplay and great bossfights (not as good as DMC1-s though, with a couple of exceptions) which were different from each other, but for fucks sake, was Dante made into a complete clishé... CAPCOM-Europe forums were plastered full with signatures of half-naked Dante after that. The only moments where he was remotely serious, were in scenes with his brother and those were monumental and legendary, awesome scenes. The rest of the game- teethgrinding garbage, and people actually liked his character?

I wont even mention DMC because it pretty much followed the same path DMC3 did.

So yeah, I still have fond memories of DMC. As for one-liners... Its CAPCOM, the day they come up with decent dialogue and characters, is the day they have been bought by Konami.

Comment

Hah, I know where this is coming from... I guess people will let it slide, considering you think DMC2 Dantes appearance is superior to others.
            And so do many DMC fans, even teh ones who hate the game. The fact is his outfit was just cooler and his hair was more, I dunno, detailed. It just looks more badass.
            Throw in the epicness of his Majon Form and it's obvious how much more badass he is in the game i than in the others a t least just in looks.

Though maybe it's the fact DMC3 and then oN Dante's voice was just really bad that makes me dislike his one-liners. His voice is just so annoying than no matter what he says it grates on the nerves and when combined with dialogue like this
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's unbearable.

So yeah, I still have fond memories of DMC. As for one-liners... Its CAPCOM, the day they come up with decent dialogue and characters, is the day they have been bought by Konami.
            no that e when they get awesome characters and dialogue. Right now they have a few decent examples of both.

Comment

I don't think Dante looks better in DMC2. He annoys me in DMC2. In terms of appearance, I think he looks best in DMC4. For personality, DMC1, without a doubt. DMC1 is the best of the series.

Comment

Yeah, he does look the best in DMC4. I didn't like it before because I'd play DMC3 to death and then suddenly Dante got all manly but he does look fantastic.

Comment

To each their own I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
                    I didn't mind him in DMC3 - in that game he was just a stupid but powerful youngster and his actions suited him. However, in DMC4 he was very annoying, even Nero acted more seriously.

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                    Theres nothing similar between any characters in different games if they appear in more than one.
                    Well, Dante in DMC4 is still the same one-liners spilling punk from DMC3.... only older ;).
                    But other than that, you're right. I especially hated what they have done with Lady in DMC4. I really liked her in DMC3 - her appearance, her attitude, her character. However, in DMC4 they made her into yet another sexy looking sarcastic bitch .

Comment

The fact that she had far less screentime than I anticipated annoyed me, mainly because I prefer her to Trish and Trish had a bigger part than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                        Well, Dante in DMC4 is still the same one-liners spilling punk from DMC3.... only older ;)
                        Youre right, Dante in DMC4 was a lot closer to Dante in DMC3 than himself in DMC1, but at least he was somewhat tolerable... Somewhat...

Comment

Working...
                        X