MICROSOFT REVEALS FABLE 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MICROSOFT REVEALS FABLE 3

"Set out to overthrow the ruler of Albion and then take the throne for yourself"
    Here's the news from the page copied and pasted.

"To start off Microsoft's GamesCom press conference, Peter Molyneux took to the stage to reveal none other than Fable 3. Before Molyneux talked about how Lionhead Studios could surprise gamers with the game's story and provide something "new, fresh, and different," he made a curious comment about something wrong with Fable-like RPGs. "I think there's something fundamentally wrong with RPGs like Fable... It's a mechanic that's been there since the eighties. I'm going to take that foundation stone and throw it away." Of course, Molyneux is keeping his lips sealed about just what that "foundation stone" is for the time being.

You might be wondering just how this ties into the recent hints we've been getting about the project Lionhead is working on. Mimicking the historical figures and leaders that Lionhead has been posting pictures of, your goal in Fable 3 will be to become the ruler of the world of Albion. Molyneux said, "You are going to become the ruler of the whole of Albion. You've played in this land in Fable 1, in Fable 2 you became a hero; this time, why not rule Albion? Why not be a king or a queen?" He added, "I want players to feel and experience what it's like to be a ruler."

You'll take up the role of either the son or daughter of the Hero from Fable 2. The first half of the game will center around gaining support and starting a revolution against the current king. "Ultimately you overthrow that terrible tyrant who rules Albion, but to do that you have to make some promises," said Molyneux. But it's up to you to keep those promises about help the poor, lower taxes, and so on. An example of the decisions you'll have to make is your ability to do away with poverty by spending all of the money in your treasure room -- or you can just save it for yourself, but either way, there will be consequences. And as ruler, you'll be able to have a family that naturally take up the roles of king or queen and prince or princess.

It was quite a long presentation with lots of details -- expect to hear plenty more as GamesCom rolls on. Fable 3 is scheduled for a release in 2010, but as Molyneux says, "Don't expect it too early in 2010." "
    THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME IM GUNNA PISS MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh here's the link to the video. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175655
    "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Here's a preview!!!!!! OMG THIS IS EVEN MORE AWESOME IM SO GUNNA PISS MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT NOW!!! http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3175660&p=4 PEOPLE BETTER START LOOK INTO NATAL NOW OR THERE'LL BE NO TOUCH OR DYNAMIC TOUCH FOR YOU
    Last edited by Ghostface; 08-27-2009, 09:07 PM.
    "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

holy crap, i cant believe that theyve done so much for it already (sure its still far off but i wasnt expecting any news on a sequel for atleast a couple of years). I did like the second one quite a lot, it was pretty fun. Ihope they manage to improve on the world though. In Fable two Albion just seemed to tiny compared to oblivion, it would be great if they could make it as large as oblivion. Also they could make the world more imersive, like you can make friends, talk to more people (i mean actualy have conversations with them rather than just farting, playing the flute or flipping them the finger lol). Also they need to make it so that you can create your own character. I love being able to create my own character in games as it makes the experience more personal. Another good touch would be that your children could actualy grow up, move out and then have their own family. I think there should also be some quests that revolve around your family because in F2 the whole family concept was rather under used, They could have given the family a larger role to play, with cut scenes etc. I would also like to see the ability to choose what kind of pet you have and change what they look like or hell you could make up your own imaginary creature .

Sorry that this post has been horribly put together but im in a bit of a rush haha.

Comment

Working...
      X