Onimusha Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onimusha Series

So Warlords was one of the first PS2 games I ever played. And it was epic. Except for the Water Puzzle... I had no c omputer when I played the game so a sollution to the puzzle was beyond me and i gave up. But I got to the ending anyway via cheat codes so I'm good. I've been planning to play the next 3 games and Blade Warriors forever but never get around to it.

2 is a spectacular piece of work and one of the most underrated games of the last decade. It sold very well and got good buzz, but it never gets listed often as one of those awesome games - people forget it existed almost.

3 has some great ideas but is flawed quite a bit, but the technical aspects of it is the most brilliant. Additionally had it not been made we may not have some of the games that we do now, as it's creation was some of Capcom's first tooling in what eventually became the Framework system they use now IIRC. If Umon sees this topic I'm sure he'll have plenty to say.

Comment

Spectacular series. Well, at least the first three. Don't know about dawn of dreams or blade warriors(Super Smash Samurai's?). Dawn of Dreams seemed really funky.
      sigpic

Comment

I hear everyone's favorite demon scientist is back in 3?
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I love this guy.

Comment

Oh yeah Onimusha is one of my fave ps2 games, samanosuke akechi FTW!

Comment

Yeah, Guildenstern is back in 3... but he's not as good voice wise as the original. But personally I'm a bigger fan of Gogandantess in Onimusha 2.

Dawn of Dreams has decent gameplay, but the setting and story are terrible. The battle game is meh and has a weird difficulty arch, going from super easy to super hard and back again.

Comment

I was a big fan of the Onimusha Series especially the first game. Was to fond of the the second one because I didn't like the story and thought it was even more ridiculous than what I could believe. I also really liked the 3rd game but after that I had no desire to play dawn of dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                Yeah, Guildenstern is back in 3... but he's not as good voice wise as the original. But personally I'm a bigger fan of Gogandantess in Onimusha 2.

Dawn of Dreams has decent gameplay, but the setting and story are terrible. The battle game is meh and has a weird difficulty arch, going from super easy to super hard and back again.

Yes! Gogandantess is awesome. One of the best characters capcom has ever created, lol. "I am GOGANDANTESS. . ." I can't remember the rest at the moment, but the character was so funny and entertaining.

As for Dawn of Dreams, yeah, it seemed to skew the serious, traditional tone that the previous three onimusha set. Also, there wasn't even supposed to be a sequel after the third one originally, but I guess Capcom thought they could just slap something together and it still sale.
                sigpic

Comment

I love the first three, but Dawn of Dreams really screwed up. For one thing, it shouldn't exist in the first place. Look on the back of the box for Onimusha 3... It says it's the last chapter or something close to that.

It seems like no matter what series outside of Megaman, Capcom will always have disputes regarding the fourth entries in their games. Onimusha 4, RE4, DMC4... Well, haven't heard much, if any complaint from SFIV yet, but it's bound to happen. XD

Comment

I loved how Samanosuke looks like in Oni mode. I wish he would have met his other self in Onimusha 3 but.......Spoiler:
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

So both Sam and Guil get new VAS for 3? Lame. Sure theyw ere corny but that was what made it good. And Sam's voice wasn't that bad by Capcom standards.

The Onimusha series has a pretty interesting plot, though. That's why i've decided to go and play the next three games.

One thing I loved was Warlords's OST. Are the next games' as good?

Comment

I loved the first 2. They're why I bought a PS2 (my second console since the genesis). I admit the 3rd one had me a bit frustrated with the constant cinematics. Dawn of Dreams is probably really good. I still haven't even tried it yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
                          So both Sam and Guil get new VAS for 3? Lame. Sure theyw ere corny but that was what made it good. And Sam's voice wasn't that bad by Capcom standards.

The Onimusha series has a pretty interesting plot, though. That's why i've decided to go and play the next three games.

One thing I loved was Warlords's OST. Are the next games' as good?
                          Don't get me wrong. The VA's they still got for 3 are good, in fact many are quite high profile... they're just different than the original.

The worst parts of 3's VA is that in Japan and in France, they didn't just get Reno to allow his image for Jacques but also do the voice over, but surprisingly even though he can speak good English but they never got him to do it for the Western versions . And finally that the VA in English for him instead is Paul 'Scrub This Virus' Mercier, while not bad - just sounds the same as he does as Leon.

2's soundtrack is just as good (if not better in places), 3's not so memorable.

Comment

A lot of VAs sound the same no matter what character they do.
                            Last edited by Becky's Butt; 08-31-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Actually thinking on it, this is addressed to any US Users of the Onimusha games.

Did Onimusha 1-3 on the PS2 have a US/JAP Dub change option?

Comment

Working...
                              X