No announcement yet.

The Last Guardian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awwwwe. It's way to cute to survive to the end of a Team Ico game.

Comment

^Yeah, it's probably a goner...and some of the expressions that it makes with its face remind me of my 8-month old puppy. So I already have mega-compassion for the strange beast.

It's amazing what pretentious artsy mediocrity can do to you.

Comment

Did you check out the TGS/ E3 comparison vid?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
          It's amazing what pretentious artsy mediocrity can do to you.
          Wow. Someone's bitter.

Comment

^Bitter? Nah, just irritated at such unnecessary comments (much like yours above) that add nothing to the discussion of the topic at hand.

Comment

Jill's Boob - Finally got some time to read the drivel you came up with following my comment. *Usually I wouldn't even bother to bait you here, considering I tend to ignore long winded responses with multiple quotes because it turns out to be nothing short of waffle in the end*

My comment regarding Sony fans, was inspired purely from my own experiences talking with people I know and reading forums regarding Team Ico's games, and the extremely high reviews it received upon release which I tend to disagree with.
              Just as I disagree with Halo receiving such high schools and reverence from Xbox fans.

Following on from this, Yes I play xbox 360 games, and yes im comfortable posting my score onto this messageboard via that link because im comfortable with the fact that I am a casual gamer *with another 360 account upstairs which has 16.590 points on but thats besides the point*

Guess what...I own a PS3 and Wii too!!! and play games equally on all 3 platforms going so far as to where appropriate buy multiple versions of the same game if the content is different, I don't have a preference of console, and I find your comments on the whole regarding my supposed bias to be nothing short of trolling for the sake of getting your own name out there on this board or trying to be *that guy* who has to pick fault with everything to validate your own opinions or boost your own self esteem in some way.

Great Job! im sure its very smart, in your own head On that note i'll be sure not to bait a troll like you in the future and will probably opt out of reading anything you come up with in the fear that it might be a complete waste of my time.
              Last edited by The Dude; 10-03-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

^You know, you could have taken the high road and merely explained the background details behind your "Sony fans" comment, and left me completely in the wrong, as I did misinterpret your comment. I mistakenly assumed that you were making a console-specific jab, but, as you stated, you own all 3 systems.

Instead, you decided to go ad hominem abusive, and belittle me with perceived character flaws. Thanks for that, as it was completely necessary.

You also label me as a troll, even though I started the thread to discuss this game with others who are equally excited to learn more about it, and talk about the information released thus far. Yet you entered into the thread, "inspired purely from [your] own experiences talking with people [you] know and reading forums regarding Team Ico's games, and the extremely high reviews it received upon release which [you] tend to disagree with." This indicates that you do have a preconceived bias about Team Ico games which you do not care for. So why come here and talk about them, if you do not like them, nor the types of "fans" of Team Ico's games?

Carnivol also finds faults with Ico and SOTC, yet he supported his posts with some facts at least.

Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion and you should be able to make a negative comment if you like. But the way you went about it is more descriptive of "trolling," since you entered this thread with a stated bias and added nothing that could be construed as a legitimate contribution to the discussion.

Sincerely,
                *that guy*

On that note, I hope that this thread can focus on the game The Last Guardian, rather than being a breeding ground for negativity. After all, discussions concerning a Team Ico game is the last place you'd expect such behavior.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-03-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

A few items of note from a Japanese interview:

http://teamicogamers.blogspot.com/20...-guardian.html

Most notably:
                  Ueda wants to release the game as soon as humanly possible but he wants the game to be complete, without having to discard elements that wouldn't make it in due to time constraints. That said he knows fans have waited for a very long time and he says it's not that far into the future as we may think.
                  Also, I think "The Last Guardian" is a much more suitable name than "The man devouring giant eagle Toriko." Though the latter has some charm to it.
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Ueda presenting Last Guardian at TGS
                    sigpic

Comment

Ico and SOTC are 2 of the greatest games ever made... EVER!
                      Anyone who disagrees with me is a F**king Idiot!!! (I'm kidding about that last bit)
                      We all have opinions and when it comes to enjoying a game, the only person's opinion that matters, is my own...

There was a comment made that Ico was typical of a 'launch' game. I'd have to disagree. To me, a typical launch game is a Ridge Racer or something like The Bouncer. Games that you look back on a few years later and see as primitive and way below the standard of what comes later.
                      I got Ico a few years after its release (to see what the fuss was about) and it blew me away. I think it's one of the best games made for PS2, which is kinda ironic, since it began development as a PS1 game.

SOTC also deserves its reputation (IMO). There have been so many imitators since, doing the 'Bosses so big you have to climb them' thing, but never have I felt so in awe, as I did when I first encountered some of the Colossus.
                      The huge desolate world creates the unique atmosphere for me. I felt like a genuine explorer, marveling at the grand architecture and wondering about what happened to this haunted world. But I can understand how some people could find it boring, dull and pointless.
                      I often went hunting those white tailed lizards to build up my grip. It's essential if you have ambitions to climb the giant tower. I've never managed to do it but I WILL one day!
                      I love the almost complete lack of dialogue. So much that's said in most video games is just stupid shit. It was great how both games let us use our imaginations and left things unsaid and unexplained.
                      It still an awesome game even by today's standards. I can play it in widescreen on my big HDTV and it still looks great!

Having said all that, I'm not overly impressed by the trailer I saw for this new game... The giant flying puppy thing, dosn't appeal to me at all. However it may just be, essentially a mode of transport.
                      I'm not surprised that they're probably revealing as little as possible about the bulk of the game (and I'm glad). I still have faith in Team Ico and I'll be surprised and very disappointed, if the Last Guardian isn't the same level of brilliance that Ico and SOTC are.

Comment

New images courtesy of playstationlifestyle.com:

Cannot wait for this!!!

EDIT: Apparently the release date is "Holiday 2011," so I better keep on waiting. For a LONG time.
                        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-16-2010, 12:39 AM. Reason: Release date announced

Comment

Enjoy the Direct Feed of the trailer that was shown at TGS

YouTube video:

Comment

I always wondered why the character looks so bright, i mean, it looks as if it he was shinning or something, with crap graphics...

Comment

* The Last Guardian will be similar to Ico
                              * The game’s original music is not the one presented in the trailer. It’s just a test track being used.
                              * Ueda stated that he’s allowed to achieve things with the PS3 which he couldn’t manage to fulfill due to the tech on offer with PS2.
                              * Torico’s feathers, butterflies, dust, particles, everything is managed in real time, many great animations were all made by hand.
                              * The game we will not be as confined as in Ico.
                              * Torico can apparently eliminate the guards, the child however can’t do that (so he will be playing undercover when he is alone)
                              * Ueda didn’t reveal who the Last Guardian is, Torico or the boy. He said we’ll have to find out.
                              * Team ICO has sought technical advice from all in-house Sony Studios wherever possible.
                              * Torico-AI will focus on that moods and reactions to the environment. The game will be based on its relationship with the child to solve puzzles and explore the fortress.
                              * Guards in armor are actually shadows, when their armor glows, they can vanish.
                              * Ueda, does not consider his work as art. It could go much, much further in the concept art but that would make it difficult for some fun and commercial viability of titles. He must find the right balance.
                              * Ueda would love the game to release on time, however he won’t rush things.
                              * Ueda is wary not to make the game’s puzzles too difficult, however, he wants to maintain a good amount of challenge and hence they’re constantly beta-testing to measure the difficulty of puzzles and find the right balance.
                              * There will be less fighting sequences in TLG than in ICO
                              * Ueda has assured that the game will be released by the end of this year, atleast in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                                http://www.gamersmint.com/the-last-g...st-psm3-issue/

* Ueda has assured that the game will be released by the end of this year, atleast in Japan.
                                Well, that's good enough for me. It's quite a ways away, but just having some solid confirmation of a release date (end of 2011) is better than TBD.

Comment

Working...
                                X