No announcement yet.

Anyone else play Team Fortress 2 on PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else play Team Fortress 2 on PC?

Such an awesome game.

It really is. TF2 and L4D are my favorite games.

Comment

No, but I will be getting it.

Anyone want to offer any tips? The Engineer class looks pretty interesting for me, from the game play I've seen.

BY THE WAY, that Spy is about to get owned.
      Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 10-01-2009, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Engineer is my major.

Offence: Build a teleporter entrance before the round starts. Move across enemy lines and build an exit in a hidden area so your team can have a short cut. Level one sentries can be deadly when they catch someone by surprise. Build them quickly and often it will upgrade naturally as you repair it. If spies sap your stuff, don't stop to repair it unless the spy starts shooting. Killing the spy is the top priority.

Defense: always help fellow engies. Check for cloaked spies on top of dispensers occasionally. Dispensers are magical elixirs of win, save them before the sentry. The pistol is a mighty weapon with awesome range.

Comment

How do you check for cloaked spies? And is there a specific way to find out whether you got a spy disguised as a friendly? And what is a dispenser?

AND how can I restore that supply thing for building machines? Can I only pick things up or does it regenerate over time?
          Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 10-01-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Randomly swinging your wrench checks for cloaked spies. Attacking people on your team is how you spy check. If they take damage. Then they are a spy. Dispensers giver out health and metal. Metal is used to build and upgrade.Metal is gotten from guns dropped by dead people, ammo boxes, or your dispenser.

Comment

I don't have TF2 yet, I still enjoy TFC. Love playing the sniper

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                Randomly swinging your wrench checks for cloaked spies. Attacking people on your team is how you spy check. If they take damage. Then they are a spy. Dispensers giver out health and metal. Metal is used to build and upgrade.Metal is gotten from guns dropped by dead people, ammo boxes, or your dispenser.
                Ah, I see. Good stuff, man.

Thanks for the tips. Will put them to practice in the field of battle.

Comment

I play it, though I've recently been playing Left 4 Dead more due to the DLC.

I tend to play Sniper/Spy, Sniper for those satisfying precision shots from across the map, and the Spy because playing mind games with the enemy and have them jumping at their own shadows whilst you impersonate their team mates and sow chaos in their base is very satisfying.

Pyro is fun to play as when I am not feeling subtle, and air blasting rockets, mines, jars of urine,arrows and grenades back is very entertaining simply for the reaction.

Comment

Engineer is my favorite class right now.

In second, Pyro.

Third, Spy.

Fourth...Heavy Weapons Guy.

Comment

I play Spy or Pyro most of the time. But all classes are good

Comment

PC can't run Left 4 Dead well, but it runs TF2 pretty good.

Usually use Heavy, Demoman and Pyro primarily, although if needed i'll medic.

Comment

I've clocked in most hours as Pyro but my favourite classes lately have been Medic and Demoman. Medic is super rewarding when you've got good combo going on with a heavy, and Demoman requires a lot of precision shooting with sticky grenades and regular ones. Both classes require the right kind of skills and reactions so it's much more rewarding to see your efforts pay off, unlike when you're constantly backburning everyone as Pyro.

Comment

I've been playing TF2 religiously ever since I got it back in '08, it's always a blast!

I can play everyone fairly well, but I mainly main the soldier. It's just priceless to multi-kill with critical rockets!

EDIT: Check out http://www.ubercharged.net/ for strategies, tips and stuff concerning competitive TF2: It's really helpful!
                            Last edited by Rock it.; 10-10-2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks Rock it. That website may indeed come in handy.

Yeah, I freaking love Pyro right now. Engineer is still pretty good, though. Also still like the Spy, though I need to experiment a little more also.

Comment

Working...
                              X