Bring Back the Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Back the Horror

What Horror series/franchises would you like to see revived and continued?

Note: to qualify, a series must have more than one game (obviously). Single games that deserve a sequel is another discussion.

Note: I have not included games that are currently active and set to continue, eg: Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Aliens, etc. etc...

Thoughts, discussion, omissions, complaints?
    Alone in the Dark
    5.00%
    BloodRayne
    4.00%
    Castlevania
    5.00%
    Clock Tower
    10.00%
    Condemned
    2.00%
    Dino Crisis
    26.00%
    Evil Dead
    3.00%
    Fatal Frame/Project Zero
    7.00%
    Fear Effect
    5.00%
    House of the Dead
    4.00%
    Kagero: Deception
    3.00%
    Nightmare Creatures
    1.00%
    Obscure
    1.00%
    Overblood
    2.00%
    Parasite Eve
    11.00%
    Siren/ Forbiden Siren
    5.00%
    the Suffering
    2.00%
    Other (please tell)
    4.00%

Dino Crisis, without a doubt.

IMO, the first is scarier than half the RE and SH games combined.
    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Dino. Crisis.

Oh, and FYI, Castlevania is indeed set to continue...Lords of Shadow is due in 2010.

Comment

I would like to see Dino Crisis return. Always liked the game and thought it was on par with RE. I didn't pick Castlevania because there is a new one coming out for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Comment

I'd like to see Resident Evil. I can't believe you didn't put that in there. I'd like it to actually be scary since it hasn't been since Outbreak and Code Veronica. That was serious but I really can't vote because I haven't played any of the others (don't shoot me). Before I played Re I was more of a sports or action gamer. I'm coming around to buying some of the older titles slowly but surely though. I did however play a few of the Castlevania titles and had fun with them.

Comment

Read the thread, he gives a reason for no RE Though to be honest, some of the titles shouldnt be on this. Parasite Eve has the 3rd birthday coming, House of the Dead is likely to have a sequel, Fatal Frame has a Wii version out, Castlevania has been mentioned, and so on ;)

Comment

I was actually being sarcastic about it. I did read his post. Guess I could've put a or something to get my point across.

Comment

i wouldn't call Castlevania horror, its still more of an action adventure game, but now evolved into hack n' slash like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden starting with Lament of Innocence (for the 3D games). There's already a new Castlevania on its way for next year, but i doubt it will be horror.

Some games already have a sequel coming like Parasite Eve (The Third Birthday, even if its not a sequel it could be a spiritual successor), Fatal Frame had a Wii exclusive only in Japan (for shame, cause i would definitely grabbed it for a U.S. version), but what can you do.

Clock Tower 3 had potential, and i wouldn't mind seeing something of similar background to it. i think it was high underrated, and was pretty impressive graphically in 2003 up with Silent Hill 3.

and, that's about all that catched my interest.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Damn, I forgot 'Onimusha'. That should be there.

I didn't know about the new Castlevania. I'm not really a fan but I figured it was a well known horror 'themed' game.

Fatal Frame HAS to be there! That series stands beside RE as my favorite series. I've got the Wii game and played through it 4 times. It's a good game and easily the best thing on Wii but it's nearly 2 years old now and since the debarcle of the 'no release outside of Japan', I fear the series has been shelved. I havn't heard anything about a new game being made. I'd love a new game for PS3/360 or even if they just polished up and ported the Wii game, to allow more people to play it.

Parasite Eve the 3rd birthday was a Japanese mobile game (yes?). I think it's supposed to come to PSP. All I know, is that it's taking a bloody long time and the series has been missing from a major console for far too long.

I thought Dino Crisis would get votes. I'd like to see it come back too!

I also really liked BloodRayne 1 & 2. A new game could be great. But the movies they made SUCKED so unbelievably badly, they may have killed the franchise off.

I'm also hoping for more Siren!

Comment

3rd birthday was moved from mobile to PSP, but was never released on the mobile platform. And it is clearly in the Parasite Eve universe, though it is a bit different then the original two apparently.

Comment

I voted for every option. There is a third Obscure in the works, it will be XBox360 PS3 and DS. Of course RESIDENT EVIL OUTBREAK FILE 123 MEGA COLLECTION ONLINE FREE TO PLAY FOREVER COME DISCREETLY NOW MY LORD is #1 in my heart. I find Bloodrayne gross but I am voting for solidarity. Rule of Rose was pretty good too imo, though the little pedo hints creeped me out, and I couldn't finish it. Then again, maybe I was just paranoid due to some unfortunate incidents in my own childhood.
                      Last edited by The_15th; 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

More Deception games? Fuck yes please. Also Parasite Eve, Dino Crisis, Clock Tower, and Fear Effect.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Clock Tower gets my vote. Fun games, they are :3

Comment

Clock Tower.

The first ever CT on the SNES is actually pretty creepy.

Comment

Clock Tower. We need that guy with the scissors on HD.
                              Condemned. I really need to know what happened! Open endings suck! JK.
                              Dino Crisis. I suggest a remake of the first one. Not a reboot.

New Parasite Eve would be nice too.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                              X