Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
    Do the people on this forum who download these Japanese PSN titles actually understand Japanese?
    Nope, I don't. But the only Japanese titles I have downloaded are Bio1 and 2. I have been tempted by other titles but resisted - they will release the English versions eventually, I'm sure of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
      Nope, I don't. But the only Japanese titles I have downloaded are Bio1 and 2. I have been tempted by other titles but resisted - they will release the English versions eventually, I'm sure of it!
      How did you download Biohazard 1 and 2?

Comment

• They are on the PSN. I got them on our PS3. You really don't need t know any Japanese besides Katakana for Bio games since all item are written in Katakana. All I know how to read is Katakana, but it's just enough.

Comment

• You can download Bio 1 and 2 from most of the asian stores: Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan should definitely have them. As Umon says the Hong Kong store accepts international cards so I would try that first.

The language isn't a problem as we've all played these games before - the only problem I had was that I couldn't read the files which sometimes I like to do...

Comment

• So, yeah, my 360 finally died last night. When I turn it on it either red rings, or freezes with artifacting on screen. I'll have to get a box sent out for it.

Comment

• The 360 so-called price drop is official for the Pro, which is getting replaced by a 60GB Pro SKU.

Sounds like a clearance sale similar to the short lived "price drop" of the 60GB PS3 unit. Good time to pick up a replacement or a new one.

Comment

• With all this RROD bullshit, I definetly won't be getting a 360. A PS3 seems more my style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                  With all this RROD bullshit, I definetly won't be getting a 360. A PS3 seems more my style.
                  Actually this "RROD bullshit" has since been over, for newer consoles manufactured in the later half of 2007 and onward.

Those that still have these problems, including me, still own the older refurbished consoles so that's why RROD problems still exist. They should just nix the entire load of the older consoles altogether.

Comment

• Helegads part of the PS3 defence force, no point in arguing with him mate :p.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weils View Post
                      Actually this "RROD bullshit" has since been over, for newer consoles manufactured in the later half of 2007 and onward.
                      Not quite, but you're right that they're definitely fewer (I've seen a Nov bought Elite PROD about 3 weeks ago). Doesn't mean they don't exist and the machine needs more revisions to improve heat issues (and much like latter PS2 revisions, a new quiet fan). Of course, the extended warranty made people a lot less vocal than before, and customer service improved after a full year's worth of nasty track record. Even the DRM issue has been resolved much to my content.

Mine have never been PROD issues, considering that I keep my area relatively cool and well ventilated all year around. It's been an issue with DVD drives, and once I got a Ben Q one, it's been fine.

Comment

• Keeping to 360 related stuff, Final Fantasy XIII's been given a 360 port.
                        Interesting, wonder what it says about the game itself, whether it'll be on multiple discs, or a possible blu ray drive announcement in the works.

Comment

• Multiple discs of course. Even if there was a BD drive planned, it'd be for movies.

Incidentally, the game is still exclusive to the PS3 in Japan (shouldn't shock anyone). The rest of the conference with the new "Mii + Home" XBL interface was pretty boring.

EDIT: SE's conference cleared a few things. Work on the 360 version won't start until they finish the Japanese version and start western localization. The number of discs haven't been decided of course, but there might be some changes. They're looking into making the games identical, content-wise.

The decision was "recent" like the other MS related announcements recently. I think we know what that means. However, Versus is still exclusive.... probably until it looks very promising for MS to drop enough money to make it multiplatform.
                          Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-14-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• I found this for fixing the 3 red rings of death "note: not the gayass towel trick ;-)"

also just to note

Microsoft has found that the Nyko Intercooler 360 for the Xbox 360 draws the necessary power from the console to power the whole unit. This may lead to hardware failure, or the unit may burn. Users across various forums have reported that the Intercooler damaged their consoles beyond repair. Microsoft recommends against using unlicensed accessories such as the Intercooler. Nyko has since produced a new form of Intercooler which can be exchanged for free via customer service. The company has also provided new consoles to all the users who reported damage to their console.
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• My 360 Elite died with the 3 red lights the other week ;_;

It was however in warranty and is now winging it's way back to me already! Things actually went smoothly on a 360 repair D:

Comment

• I've had my xbox360 for like two weeks now and haven't had a problem at all, it doesn't heat, never froze and obviouslly has never had de RROD; so I think the problem of the 360 consols is fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X