No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had mine since the beginning of this year and so far ain't had any problems hardware wise, although at uni i did learn that the reason why they overheat a lot is because if their gpu/cpu cycle, but then again i hardly play on it because I have a fear that it will die on me and that will have been £275 wasted

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      Do the people on this forum who download these Japanese PSN titles actually understand Japanese?
      My bro has Xenogears and Biohazard 2

Comment

• Console #3 down. Constant freezing until it finally RROD'ed. Thankfully, I hear they are actually pushing out NEW, RROD resistant consoles to people. So I hope I get one of those.

Comment

• We've all heard that from Microsoft before though

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• my bro has had his repaired 3 times. he just went out and bought a new one with the cooler processors. hope this one works better. i told him to get a playstation3 since i have never had a prob with either Nintendo or Sony

Comment

• Just buy a Sony PS3.

really xbox 360 has no good games only generic shooters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jast3r Rogu3 View Post
                  Just buy a Sony PS3.

I couldn't agree more.

So I figured I'd make a buyer's guide to Xbox 360:

The grouping is:
                  Top:
                  Generic Shooters
                  Middle:
                  Lost
                  Bottom:
                  Shooters
                  Last edited by Carnivol; 09-06-2008, 01:10 AM. Reason: Crap, I forgot to add my copy of source powered Dark Messiah... crap. And I forgot about my 30 XBLA copies Doom.

Comment

• Curse that Final Fantasy shooter. Curse it!

Comment

• And oh, yeah, forgot to mention:
                      I sent my first 360 in for repair now. It gave me a good 2 years before Star Trek - The Original Series on HD DVD bested it. It could only take 30 minutes of the first episode before it died.

Picked up a black Elite with a 120gb HDD, 'cause I needed an excuse to get a 120gb HDD anyway. (Now, what to do with that extra console... I want an Asian one too...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jast3r Rogu3 View Post
                        Just buy a Sony PS3.

Move along fanboy, there's nothing for you here.

Comment

• At least all shooters have different plots... that's what makes them unique.

Comment

• I just got my Xbox Elite and I love it. It hasn't messed up at all yet, no freezing, no anything.

I can't really say anything about the PS3, I've never played it except once at theis gamestop when they were demoing Heavenly Sword.

Comment

• So far, Sony have been losing the current console war. They're picking up momentum now, though it's taken them long enough. The thing about the PS3 is that it's not really about what it can do now, but rather what it has the potential to do, and right now we're beginning to see the system come into its own. That said, one of these days I do intend to purchase a 360, there's some solid exclusives on there that I need to indulge myself in. However, I did used to own a Wii, and while I had numerous games for the system, I just couldn't get into it. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was probably the only game on it that I enjoyed, and while I'm sure that others might like the Wii, it just wasn't my proverbial cup of tea. Mind you, RE4: Wii Edition felt like a definitive version of the title, even though I continue to harbour an incessant disliking for the omnipresent merchant, conveniently awaiting nearby to flog you weapons, ammunition and other military paraphernalia from his personal hammerspace.

I digress.

Back to the 360 though, it's unfair to say that the console's library consists of just "generic shooters". Granted, Halo 3 /is/ a generic shooter, but I believe the correct phrase you're looking for is that the 360 has more "action titles" rather than "generic shooters". What's important to realise is that despite the 360's technical issues, Microsoft have been playing their cards right throughout this entire console war. They launched first, got a great headstart in the race and it's garnered a substantial userbase. In the past, people used the word "Playstation" as a generalisation of games consoles, e.g. "Oh, kids nowadays are all on their Playstations". But if you look today, the word used in such statements has changed, it's "Xbox" now. To any PS3 fanboys in this thread, and I'm sure there are a couple, it's a fact that you have to accept. Don't get me wrong, while I see myself a gamer, I do have a somewhat bias preference for the PS3, but even I can see that Sony have been screwing up during this entire campaign. The launch was poor, and the first couple of years have been disastrous for them. However, in recent times they've been picking up slack, and it's beginning to catch up with the 360. Some solid titles are coming out now, the likes of Resistance 2 and LittleBigPlanet, both of which are sure to help boost sales.

But despite all that, yes, I am set upon purchasing a 360 at some point. Obviously it'll have to be the Premium system, since the Arcade is sorely lacking in features. In short, what this disjointed and unnecessarily lengthy post is intended to say is this - it doesn't matter what console you have at present, it's about the games. Unless you're one of those kids who was bought one console at Christmas by their parents, and decides to devote their whole gaming 'life' to it because of the simple fact that they don't have the funds to try any other console. Which sadly, is what the vast majority of fanboys boil down to these days, and it's that same blind fanaticism which is condensed into text form and wildly splattered across internet forums by prepubescents.
                              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-08-2008, 03:45 AM.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• damn with all the errors goin on with the tihng im glad im getting a PC

Comment

Working...
                                X