Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then play without the HDD and see what happens

Comment

? I don't understand how playing WITHOUT the HDD will cause any problems?
      And who bought the 'tard pack anyway? =/
      Last edited by James; 11-02-2006, 03:13 AM.

Comment

lol well i'm glad i didn't buy a 360 i think i'll save up for a PS3 instead

Comment

I've seen and heard about things like this happening, and i'm kinda glad I haven't bought one.

Comment

Update on Borman since hes too ashamed to say it...His replacment stopped playing DVD's, lol!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't feel like adding some "OMFG; LOL. XBOX IS DUR BESTest ann mien werks fine!" reply, even though there is some truth in that line (that mine works fine... to a certain limit >_>)

Anyway, it seems very much like the majority of faulty or problematic machines are in the US.

So I guess there's just something wrong with the US atmosphere that kills them (maybe a big mighty cloud of sony).
              Or maybe it is a production line-up (most likely)
              or... ofcourse... it could be related to the fact that most pics I've seen of american homes with 360s have them standing on the middle of the floor, using its massive weight to dig a hole in the ruggy carpet and with the sun shining in on it through the window while it's murring like a kitten in the sunshine... 'til it evt. dies

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                I don't feel like adding some "OMFG; LOL. XBOX IS DUR BESTest ann mien werks fine!" reply, even though there is some truth in that line (that mine works fine... to a certain limit >_>)

Anyway, it seems very much like the majority of faulty or problematic machines are in the US.

So I guess there's just something wrong with the US atmosphere that kills them (maybe a big mighty cloud of sony).
                Or maybe it is a production line-up (most likely)
                or... ofcourse... it could be related to the fact that most pics I've seen of american homes with 360s have them standing on the middle of the floor, using its massive weight to dig a hole in the ruggy carpet and with the sun shining in on it through the window while it's murring like a kitten in the sunshine... 'til it evt. dies
                Maybe something to do with the power voltage or something? I'm not very technically minded when it comes to stuff like this.

Carnivol, didn't know you had a 360? Do you LIVE much? =D

Comment

Carnivol, didn't know you had a 360? Do you LIVE much? =D
                  I'm indeed a 360 owner, but I do not LiVE much ('cause of lack of games and lack of interest in the games for the 360).

I do play Doom on XBLA though >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    I'm indeed a 360 owner, but I do not LiVE much ('cause of lack of games and lack of interest in the games for the 360).

I do play Doom on XBLA though >_>
                    I play Doom too. =P Heck most of my time lately is only XBLA games. >_>
                    Last edited by James; 11-07-2006, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I haven't gotten a 360 and don't plan on it as the console never really interested me.I have heard lots of stories on how bad the system in but in the end i think it just comes down to luck.I heard many of the same things with the PS2 yet i grabbed mine on launch day and it worked perfectly fine up until a few months ago.Some consoles just seem to work better then others.Thats what happens with mass production some will always be lower quality.

Comment

Playing gears for about an hour and I got the first DRE with this game. SIGH!

Comment

Originally posted by BHXTyrant View Post
                          I haven't gotten a 360 and don't plan on it as the console never really interested me.I have heard lots of stories on how bad the system in but in the end i think it just comes down to luck.I heard many of the same things with the PS2 yet i grabbed mine on launch day and it worked perfectly fine up until a few months ago.Some consoles just seem to work better then others.Thats what happens with mass production some will always be lower quality.
                          Same here, i have a launchday PS2 myself and it still works fine. And my PS2's have always got much, much more use than either my Xbox or Gamecube. The Xbox360 sounds a hell of a lot worse than the PS2 ever was, but thats just going off other ppl's experiences, don't own a 360 yet myself so i'm not qualified to comment.

Maybe the issues with them are over exaggerated like ppl like to over exaggerate on issues with the PS2, i don't know. I've seen DRE issues with old PS2's but its not exactly a major problem since its a very easy fix.

Anyway, still to this day the worst console i have ever owned for problems is Dreamcast.
                          Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 11-10-2006, 07:37 AM.

Comment

My launch PS2 died after about 3 years (which I later learnt was just that laser thing where it just needed reconfigured) but back then I didn't know what to do other than buy a new PS2. I got one of the Silver PS2s which were JUST out back then, and I have had no trouble since (except sometimes it doesn't want to read the Action Replay).

360 has given me some problems and i've had it less than a month. Many DRE with Dead Rising, especially if I leave it paused for a few minutes and try to continue, you can hear the disc start and then stop spinning, a clicking, then DRE. It's also froze several times in games (Dead Rising and CoD2) and demos (Lost Planet and Burnout Revenge), and likes to freeze in Ninja Gaiden (which may be a backwards emulation problem) and it has died during parts of Halo 2. GREAT CONSOLE!!!

Comment

Yeah, thats an issue with the Action Replay that though, not the PS2. It happens with my Action Replay too. Its something to do with the way its made. Sometimes the PS2 doesn't recognise is as Official PS2 software, and it isn't really.

Comment

Yeah, it's understandable, but I love how it recognizes SwapMagic every time

Comment

Working...
                                X