Borderlands Baby!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borderlands Baby!!

I cannot stop playing this game!There are rumors of it containing nearly 18 MILLION weapons and with the way the game is programmed I wouldn't doubt it.For those of you that don't know the game is basically a Cowboy's fantasy.Your a mercenary,you get paid to kill bandits and an assortment of freaks and creatures on the desert like planet of Pandora.The planet's name is anything but peace,as everyone on it is basically a bandit,merc or person that pays you to kill them.The reason the game is so different from others in the genre (aside from the fact its an FPSRPG like Fallout) is the "loot'Nshoot" gameplay.The story is mediocre so the real reason your gonna like this game is the exploration to find new weapons to murderize people with.The reason the game has so many weapons is Gearbox programmed in a bunch of weapons, colors,stats, and effects(shock,fire,corrosive acid,explosive and ???) for those weapons probably a couple hundred thousand times over BUT,they programmed in a randomizing system that mixes and matches each of those hundreds of thousands of weapons,colors,effects and stats .So, even if there were 500,000 weapons as Gearbox originally stated there were,with the randomized system there is a good possibility the weapon count is around the estimated 18 million mark.The A.I. in the game is pretty smart they flank and thow grenades that can have effects on them as well.The real expertise is the leveling system the better you play in the game the better the A.I. gets,the worse you do the BETTER the A.I. gets which makes it a great challenge and a lengthy game.I know every time an enemy is hurting me bad with a weapon in the game and I kill him my chance to own his weapon make me so happy."You keep,what you kill".I know im haloboy and all, but this game is starting to take up a lot of time with my PS3.Now if only I had some friends to play with then we could split the loot and kill twice as many people.Add me on PSN:haloboi

I know the fun this game brings.

I've been playing this game for about 40 hours sp now, and I'm still not bored with it. The weapons are some of the best in the game...and if you get bored with one, just swap it out, chances are the next one will be pretty different.

Sadly I don't have any online man, and I'm also on 360.

But enjoy this game...and watch out, some of those shotguns shoot rockets.

Comment

Yea I had a shotgun that shoots rockets lol and now I have a rocket launcher that shoots acid...I love it.

Comment

I just recently got this game and it is very fun even if I do die a lot lol I'm level 14 and Bruisers give me a lot of hell cus I can't seem to kill them

Comment

Bought this on PC as soon as the pre-order option was available on Steam, and was pumped to play it.

Until Torchlight came out.

Only played about two or so hours. It's fun, but it's not been nearly as fun as I had hoped. I'll probably put time into it sometime in the future, but for now I can't play two loot based games at one time, so I'm only playing Torchlight for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Eh Borderlands is good. Have to play further before I could judge it.

Comment

I stopped playing it after beating it once. Maybe it's just me, but i'm more into story driven games, and this was not one of those.

Comment

No it was not.

But it's still pretty fun.

Comment

I'm pretty big into story driven games as well. But it's always nice to just sit back and blow shit up and not even need a context to. And anyways in fps, the stories are mostly garbage anyways.

Comment

Yet another new DLC is coming out. Mad Moxxi <3. For 360 it will be out on the 29; Ps3 gets a Jan. 7th release. Best thing about it is the bank. Now there will actually be a way to store all the weapons you can amass. I'm just wondering if there will be a storage limit.
                    Last edited by Bertha; 12-24-2009, 09:00 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Thought it was so bad when i played it, just a low-market Fallout 3.

Comment

You can't even gain exp in the mad moxxi underdome.

Comment

Sorry on double post.

If anyone wants to play borderlands leave psn here. I started from another character and currently level 12 siren. I have a level 50 as well but I am currently using my siren. If anyon wants to play I'm up for it. I'll be on the whole weekend since I'm too lazy to get out and snow storm will be comin -_-
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2010, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X