The Saboteur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saboteur

This is a new game coming out from the recently closed Pandemic Studios. It hasn't received much press attention (at least from what I've seen, other than some headlines coming in the form of the announcement of the closing of Pandemic), and is due out in 2 weeks.

I think it possesses some interesting qualities, such as the color scheme representing liberated and non-liberated areas of the city of Paris (a portion of which was recreated for this sandbox type game). It seems to contain elements of GTA, Uncharted, and others. The WWII setting is standard fare in the video game world, but this is at least something different than the way that backdrop is usually handled in the FPS format.

Anyway, here is the official website: http://www.pandemicstudios.com/thesaboteur/

And some gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buj7dR5AdKY

Is anyone else interested in this title? Has anyone even been tracking it on their game radar? I'm just curious to know if the sparse information about the game has piqued anyone else's interest.

I'm definitely leaning toward picking this up after finals, but I will also be awaiting some online reviews to solidify my ultimate decision.

It doesn't bode well that the studio was shut down, but at least they finished the product beforehand. I just don't know how that will affect any bugs or patches...

Wow, I haven't heard much about this game in a while. I didn't really pay attention to it at E3 because of all of the other big-name games that got all the press, but I'm watching the gameplay video now. It does indeed look like a GTA rip-off but the differing color schemes and old-time European setting is definitely interesting. If I remember correctly from one of the early trailers I saw, the Nazis are an important element to the storyline...and this intrigues me.

Comment

I dig the setting as well. Some trailers show strange symbols for the swastikas, but I read somewhere that those are for countries which have strict video game standards (apparently showing the symbol of a real regime like the Nazi party is censorable material - ridiculous), but in some other vids you can see the actual swastikas.

I'm a huge fan of WWII, and this set piece and the level of interaction look very promising.

Apparently the story is that the hero, Sean Devlin, is an Irish race car driver whose friend is murdered by a Nazi Officer. So Sean takes it upon himself to retaliate, sabotaging the Nazi occupation in Paris. Along the way, members of the French Resistance and British operatives assist him. It should at least provide some interesting missions.

As you liberate areas of the city, the color is returned to them and you get more support, etc.

Hopefully the reviews are favorable and the game is indeed up to par.
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-22-2009, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X